Hows tassie in the last 12 months

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
You haven't looked at your options for a mtb holiday in Australia? We let you guys in without a passport these days, even if you come by boat! The best part is compared to nsw Boom King and co have lots of options easily accessible.
Oh no, I'm only concerned with my local rides, bugger all you lot on the big island :pound:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
How so? I think it's great, there's a great start with what we already have, and even better with what is to come, half full from my perspective
Because you're already spoilt for choice. No need to wait a couple of years.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Righto, lets do a group-buy on that pub. Who's in?

First order of business- name change.
The RB Arms?
The Spoke & Hub?
Shin Digs?
Duallies Diner?
Burners Bar
The Sweaty Helmet

(I'm slightly serious)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Rider's arms. Will have a crest made up with a wheel instead of a shield and some tools rather than swords etc. Need to be careful it doesn't look too hammer and sickle.

Burners bar should be the exclusive down stairs bar area, only burners allowed. Better quality products on offer and a billiards table. Full size. Not like the small pub table the common folk have to use in the main bar.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Rider's arms. Will have a crest made up with a wheel instead of a shield and some tools rather than swords etc. Need to be careful it doesn't look too hammer and sickle.

Burners bar should be the exclusive down stairs bar area, only burners allowed. Better quality products on offer and a billiards table. Full size. Not like the small pub table the common folk have to use in the main bar.
I like it, I like it.

sounds good until the debate over which size the wheel in the crest should be
Hahaha. So true. Maybe we need a unique size just for the pub's signage. 27.1" ? 28.25"?

Perhaps 3 wheels in concentric formation? 29-27.5-26? Or 26 to gi e the pub an authentic and historic feel.
See above?

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
i like the sound of the spoke and hub.

sounds like what a viking would call their bar if mountain biking was around back then.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
So whos tassie local shop needs well experienced staff? Spanners, sales, management or wholesale experience.

Also doing guide ticket.

On another note has anyone studied eco tourism, tourism in general?

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
So whos tassie local shop needs well experienced staff? Spanners, sales, management or wholesale experience.

Also doing guide ticket.

So is the group buy going ahead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm....one person looking for a long term opportunity....and another bumping-up the 'group buy' idea for a local pub.

.....and me wondering if it would actually work?

oh, well, I guess there's nothing to see here...

rstim

Likes Dirt

Also doing guide ticket.

I'm sure they will need experienced staff at Maydena for the shuttle fleet, might be worth contacting dirt art with an enquiry if enduro or downhill is your style.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I'm sure they will need experienced staff at Maydena for the shuttle fleet, might be worth contacting dirt art with an enquiry if enduro or downhill is your style.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Yeah, drive shuttles part-time and run the pub up the road...?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The park itself will be interesting. I'm interested to see what French has to say on it at the Buller bike summit.

But tassie has more than this going for it, opportunities have to be seized by those willing to help make it work.

Id work at the pub, even fix those bikes broken who are staying.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hmmm....one person looking for a long term opportunity....and another bumping-up the 'group buy' idea for a local pub.

.....and me wondering if it would actually work?

oh, well, I guess there's nothing to see here...
Ok so...it needs a few things to make it work.
1) airport shuttle.
2) good workshop for guests and a mechanic as well.
3) food...breakfast, lunch, dinner. Needs to cover the lot!
4) neighbourly relations need to be strong. We want their money too.
5) other than mainland cyclists, why are tasweigans going to visit? Do we need some sort of intrafamily marital equality? Or something else? We need to nail this too. Otherwise we will die as a seasonal business. Food, drink, music festival or three across the winter?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
he should have some pretty serious videos online soon enough...film/ride day was today
Saw that, social media game has been excellent. Pretty sure he is doing a talk on the private vs public mountain bike park scenario, something that Im really interested in listening to the opinions of those attending. I find it's rarely a subject discussed but with the rising popularity of escaping the urban centers to find enjoyment, maybe a private facility might work. Juan's Warrenbayne setup is getting excellent feedback so kudos there!

What other private parks are around? Irides had plenty on their plates, green valley, that Qld free-ride park, is the goat farm still in existence?