HRM chest strap type

marks

Likes Bikes
Hi all, my WAHOO TICKR has died after approx. 7 years good service. The problem is they seem to be only back order anywhere I can find and really love the data it provides on my rides. Has anyone else used any others that they would recommend?

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
if youre interested i can sell you one of my magellan Ant+ HRM straps if it suits...unused/as new.
it came in my cyclo105 kit but i generally only use speed/cadence...i bought 2x cyclo105 kits to run on multiple bikes, hence i have a spare brand new one. according to the site its compatible with all ANT+ devices

Last edited:

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing wrong with Garmin straps...
I must be a salty sweater or something, but I could never seem to get more than 6 months out of a Garmin strap. Went Wahoo and I got nearly 2 years before it started playing up. Mind you it's been a long time since I've tried Garmin and I've got friends that never have an issue. For reference I use it roughly 3-5 times a week and I wash them in the shower after each ride.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I must be a salty sweater or something, but I could never seem to get more than 6 months out of a Garmin strap. Went Wahoo and I got nearly 2 years before it started playing up. Mind you it's been a long time since I've tried Garmin and I've got friends that never have an issue. For reference I use it roughly 3-5 times a week and I wash them in the shower after each ride.
Seems Wahoo have a new strap coming and that's why stock levels are low.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Something else I’ve been meaning to point out, not many chest sensors are capable of accurately measuring heart rate variability.

Heart Rate variability is a great way of assessing your fitness and your fitness/health trends.

Look at the Elite Heart Rate Variability app and website. elitehrv.com

A snapshot of supported chest straps

The app is compatible with any heart rate monitor that accurately measures R-R intervals and has Bluetooth 4.0 or ANT+ (ANT+ only available for Android devices – see why ANT+ is not available for iOS here). The following HR monitors have proven to work well with the Elite HRV app:
Polar H7
Wahoo TICKR – Only Bluetooth is HRV accurate, ANT+ is just HR accurate
BlueLeza HRM Blue – Only available in Europe
4iiii Viiiiva
Zephyr HxM (make sure it’s Bluetooth 4.0, not 2.0!)
Cardiosport TP3
Suunto Smart Belt
ANT+ only (not compatible with iPhone or iPad)
Garmin Premium (for ANT+ compatible Android phones/tablets only)
Garmin HRM Tri (for ANT+ compatible Android phones/tablets only)