HSP Trail Bikes

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You should try a gearbox. Two freewheels and a fixed gear ratio to optomise the suspension to (instead of the range of using a cassette), no pedal feedback. Also, single chainline means next to no bob as well (suspension is pretty active, so still a little).
I’d love too. But the price is prohibitive. Too exxy for me atm, if I was working and getting overtime it’d be a different story, but the income I’m getting being a full time gym rat isn’t enough.

Always liked gearbox’s. They make too much sense not to want one. It’s a shame Nicola’s are outta my budget and the other gearbox bikes don’t tickle my pickle.

Reactions: Zaf

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve run pretty much every suspension style over the last 20 years. I really love jumping back on an orange. Every. Single. Time.
They have drawbacks, I’m the first to accept that, but they are just good simple fun to ride.
Would love to try the idler on one, I can’t lie.

Reactions: Zaf

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@Oddjob snack pack from a kebab shop with, guessing here, garlic and chilli/bbq sauce.

@Dales Cannon, still more teeth in contact with the chain than a 9t driver on the bmx. should be fine with the chain guides. Assuming "driving crownwheel" is front sprocket.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
@Oddjob snack pack from a kebab shop with, guessing here, garlic and chilli/bbq sauce.

@Dales Cannon, still more teeth in contact with the chain than a 9t driver on the bmx. should be fine with the chain guides. Assuming "driving crownwheel" is front sprocket.
I get what you are saying but wrap is more important than teeth engaged.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
We talking about this pic?

The pivot idler is not driven - it's an idler. There is no turning torque between it & the chain.

What is it you are worried about?
He’s referring to the chainring wrap but using real ‘techy’ terms. It does look a little concerning but probably fine I reckon.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That is not an idler. It drives an internal crank that causes the anal intruder to move up and down...

Yes the main chainwheel wrap.