HT X2 Pedal Bits

BT180

Max Pfaff
Who's running HT X2 pedals? Box came with a heap of bits/spares and the manual doesn't fully cover what they're all for. I've worked most of it out, but mainly wondering about these bits:

I understand they're spacers of some kind, but what are they different?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Who's running HT X2 pedals? Box came with a heap of bits/spares and the manual doesn't fully cover what they're all for. I've worked most of it out, but mainly wondering about these bits:

I understand they're spacers of some kind, but what are they different?
yep shims that go under the cleats on the shoe to alter the amount of force required to clip in/out, usually there are 2-3 diff width plastic shims, depending if you have a flat or cutaway sole, i got the metal bit with some cleats, i thought they just used it to hold the bolts supplied..havn’t seen it used as a shim before

BT180

Max Pfaff
Some internet sleuthing just uncovered "and they’re supplied with plastic shims, and metal shims for use with carbon soles".

So it seems plastic for normal shoes and metal for carbon - but wondering if you have to use them or if they are only for use if you need to space your cleats from your shoe for more clearance.

xero

Supersports
Some internet sleuthing just uncovered "and they’re supplied with plastic shims, and metal shims for use with carbon soles".

So it seems plastic for normal shoes and metal for carbon - but wondering if you have to use them or if they are only for use if you need to space your cleats from your shoe for more clearance.
You don't have to use them .. The metal one is there to protect a carbon sole shoe where the cleat will bite in to the sole ... some people don't appreciate that! ...
Dependent on the shoe / camber and depth etc , you may or may not need to space the cleat down.

xero

Supersports
OK, sweet. Thanks! One more..

Is this thingy to screw the pedal pins in and out?

View attachment 360289
No ... that's a spare tension adjustment lug - look where the tension measurement gauge is ... its in there.
( For people that get scared and back them right right off and they loose it on the shed floor ....... )

BT180

Max Pfaff
No ... that's a spare tension adjustment lug - look where the tension measurement gauge is ... its in there.
( For people that get scared and back them right right off and they loose it on the shed floor ....... )
Ah yes, I see that now! Thanks. Pretty cool - heaps of spares! What's the technique for screwing the pedal pins in and out? I guess this applies to all flats and other clip-less with pins. Pliers?

xero

Supersports
Ah yes, I see that now! Thanks. Pretty cool - heaps of spares! What's the technique for screwing the pedal pins in and out? I guess this applies to all flats and other clip-less with pins. Pliers?
Teeth usually work .... in all seriousness , they are hex head - get a tiny allen key, save the dentist bills...