hubs

met63

Likes Dirt
i need a matter of opinion on this.

im looking into buying new hubs, and even though i recently wrote and article for my friends website ( www.racebmxwa.net ) about exactly this point, i still find myself torn between what hubs to buy...

profile elite vs stealth s3's......

ARRRGHHH

met63

Likes Dirt

noooooo shit. they look awesome. whats the write up like with them though? like with engagement and stuff?

im pretty acustomed to my 204 instant engagement... and the noise of course :p

Norco Maniac

Is back!
noooooo shit. they look awesome. whats the write up like with them though? like with engagement and stuff?

im pretty acustomed to my 204 instant engagement... and the noise of course :p
from memory there's more with these hubs? will get back to you later tonight, if poss. i wouldn't consider (sneakily) upgrading him on our tight budget if it didn't do him justice. especially considering the hubs i'm running in my Envy's stock from Kuwahara aren't even in the same league as the Profiles...

Last edited:

met63

Likes Dirt
win

thats very true.... i think i saw somewhere in there 250 point? thats rediculous. if its true im ordering now.

Crimson

Likes Dirt
I'm going with Stealth S3's for my new 20", (the spare no expense build) but unsure of what to run on my new cruiser (which will have a much more limited budget - eg Elites are out of the question).

met63

Likes Dirt
I'm going with Stealth S3's for my new 20", (the spare no expense build) but unsure of what to run on my new cruiser (which will have a much more limited budget - eg Elites are out of the question).
spare no expense is correct. i think the cheapest ive seen them is around 580? haha. did some research on the new bombshells last night though... 275 points of engagement.. and they supply spokes with the hubs..

looking to be a good buy i think. :)

Norco Maniac

Is back!
did some research on the new bombshells last night though... 275 points of engagement.. and they supply spokes with the hubs..

looking to be a good buy i think. :)
and direct spoke lacing, too. very different. we're getting ours thru SR Cycles here in Adelaide, as soon as they're released :love:

met63

Likes Dirt
and direct spoke lacing, too. very different. we're getting ours thru SR Cycles here in Adelaide, as soon as they're released :love:
ooooh really? i emailed bombshell last night because i couldnt find anyone that would stock them in aus.

may have to get in contact with SR and see if they will post me a set to perth.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
ooooh really? i emailed bombshell last night because i couldnt find anyone that would stock them in aus.

may have to get in contact with SR and see if they will post me a set to perth.
S R Cycles Australia on Facebook and he's also the Australian official GHP supplier now. The new hubs are excellent. Quiet and smooth, I'm jealous!

Crimson

Likes Dirt
I am building a bike and i need some suggestions on what hubs to buy or some good brands of hubs. My bike is for dirt jumping.
How much should i spend for a descent pair of hubs?
Assuming your bike is a 20" (probably wouldn't be in this thread if it wasn't), you really can't go wrong with Profile (or their "budget" brand Madera).

I am also assuming you are also using "micro gearing" (25 / 9 or whatever) which means there are a whole host of brands available that the majority of us know stuff-all about (the majority of conversation in this thread appears to be from the racing fraternity).

To me "decent" hubs should cost around $200-$300 for a pair (Madera), "good" hubs $300-$400 (Profile Mini's) and "great" hubs $500-$600 (Profile Elites).