Hucking

S.

ex offender
creepyjoe said:
Well it's good you two have decided to be open about it, but do you really think a public mtb forum was the right place to do it?!?
ahahaha

curtisrider

Eats Squid
atxjohn said:
andrew said:
Bender is CRAZY said:
:?: How do you land a drop to a tranny, on a hardtail.
trannys are for girls
hmm i guess you will get closer to being a girl if u dont drop to downslopes. :? what ever floats ure boat buddy
lol at atx john. if you wanna hardcore huck it lauch it and no-footer to flat but otherwise try and get a little speed into it so you have a lesser chance at nose-diving it.
and 1.5m thats a bit big for a first drop?

S.

ex offender
andrew said:
atxjohn said:
andrew said:
Bender is CRAZY said:
trannys are for girls
hmm i guess you will get closer to being a girl if u dont drop to downslopes. :? what ever floats ure boat buddy
i do drops to upslopes.
ahaha you like your "dansitions" do you?

(dansitions = dangerous dan's stunts with almost uphill landings off 20ft north shore drops)

S.

ex offender
He's a farkin good rider tho. He doesn't just huck off 20ft drops, he rides up 4" wide planks for hundreds of metres to get to them first...

peters

Likes Dirt
dan

dont even start on dangerous dan, hes the only rider ive seen who wheres a camel back just to throw him self of shit drops with now style!

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Socket said:
andrew said:
atxjohn said:
andrew said:
Bender is CRAZY said:
trannys are for girls
i do drops to upslopes.
ahaha you like your "dansitions" do you?

(dansitions = dangerous dan's stunts with almost uphill landings off 20ft north shore drops)
ahahaha

CHEWY said:
Bender is CRAZY said:
The drop is probably 1.25 metres to 1.5 metres, and it will be my first
thats a decent sized drop for ur first time, id suggest doin some smaller ones first, and make sure u have a feel for how much u have to pull up at different speeds. it may sound stupid but its probably better to get a feel for it by droppin off curbs and trying to land both wheels flat
yeah chewy nailed it, regardless of what some people have said here, there are different techniques for different style drops. it is much better to start small, learn the technique and then move up in size. perhaps watch a mate who has done it already and watch his body english over the bike and visualize yourself doing it first. and what ever you do don't panic once you drop off, panic seizes the mind and you can't react to whats happening.

fastrider gus

super huck
dan's section in kranked 5 is actually quite good! it shows him actually riding well.. other than that gay little bunny-hop thing he usually does off all the drops..

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what about smallish drops with no run ups? (eg) picinic tables. I did my 1st decent drop of a picinic table yesterday (only about 3 foot or so) but the bike only just fitted on the table, wheels were touching either edge, i just sat on the seat a wheelied off the end.

I got to thinking maybe that technique isnt the best since if i go bigger i will probably want to lower the seat, if the seat gets to low i cant stand it on its arse as good (unless I stand on the pedals) and i dont really want to go trials style with the bike hanging fully vertical below me?

Any comments?

Mahoney_007 said:
what about smallish drops with no run ups? (eg) picinic tables. I did my 1st decent drop of a picinic table yesterday (only about 3 foot or so) but the bike only just fitted on the table, wheels were touching either edge, i just sat on the seat a wheelied off the end.

I got to thinking maybe that technique isnt the best since if i go bigger i will probably want to lower the seat, if the seat gets to low i cant stand it on its arse as good (unless I stand on the pedals) and i dont really want to go trials style with the bike hanging fully vertical below me?

Any comments?
yeah that's a wheelie drop, more trials style. you need momentum off bigger drops to land smoothly. to try and explain technique is tough. the best thing might be to get some videos and watch what they do and take note of the drops size and set up etc. perhaps put two pinic tables together to give yourself some rolling room. with enough momentum and droping your arse off the back of the seat without pulling up too hard you should get the feel. find a small natural drop with an tranny to practice dropin to tranny. good luck, you'll get it. just be patient.