Hunting a small DH bike to try / rent in Melbourne

Teagan

Cannon Fodder
Hey guys, Does anyone know if there's anywhere in/near metro melb that has a size S DH bike on their rental fleet? I've been smashing my XC bike down every trail i can find from xc to baby dh trails, and I really want to give a proper DH bike a whirl to see how it feels to figure out if I want to take my riding in that direction, but for the life of me I can't get my hands on one to try. Don't know any women riding DH round here, don't know anyone who knows any, nor any dudes who ride a size S bike, so that that rules out the borrowing a bike option.. then tried looking for shops with a small bike on their rental fleet but seems no body carries them, I guess cos there's not much of a market for small frames as there's mostly dudes riding DH in victoria and they're on average taller. Anyone got any ideas or know of where I could find a bike to try out? Halpp! Thanks!! Teagan

Hey Teagan,

I am in Brissy but I know a few chicks who DH in Vic - I'll hit them up to see if they have any leads.

I also have a S/M 2010 Commencal Supreme DH frame (and most components) for sale if you decide you want to buy a DH bike. It was my first DH bike until I was sure of what I wanted in a bike.

Cheers, Jay

T-Rex

Template denier
How about a weekend away?

Head up to Mt Buller, All Terrain Cycles has pretty good hire bikes from memory, and those resort based shops typically stock all sizes. And you would get to try out a pretty awesome range of DH trails.

Ideate

Head up to Mt Buller...
Yeah do that. I dare say you'll enjoy it but you won't use it as much as your other bike. Always convenient to have different bikes for different things though :)

Head up to Mt Buller, All Terrain Cycles has pretty good hire bikes from memory, and those resort based shops typically stock all sizes. And you would get to try out a pretty awesome range of DH trails.
Perfect! - This is what I did - a couple of days on a hire DH bike and I knew I wanted to buy a DH bike. All Terrain were great to deal with and had a range of sizes and the trails at Buller are fun. Once I got back from that trip I got myself my first DH bike :)

Teagan

Cannon Fodder
Rad ideas, thanks heaps guys! I hadn't thought of going away. Heading to Buller sounds like a wicked plan, I'll get on it this month and prob fall in love with DH