hurstbridge

kizza

Likes Dirt
Saturday morning rolls around and a mate, Joel, and I decide to get out to hursty for some practise before Ballarat next weekend. We're walking up the track and what do we see... the whole side of the mountain has been destroyed. Not sure if it was for safety (fire), pine harvesting time or one of a million other reasons, but everything’s gone!

There is about 50 meters at the top still rideable and that again at the bottom and that’s it.

Does anyone know the actual reason for chopping down the trees? And when it actually happened?

If this is old news sorry for the repost, I didn't find anything about it so though I would mention it.

djrider

Likes Dirt
i was up a few months go and there was machinery set up there, i think they were logging. the track may be rebuilt soon

slozzer

Squid
Yeah all of the pine trees were chopped down a few month ago for timber harvesting. It had been on the cards for a while as they had cut down a few small areas of trees in the previous months.

tim_69

Likes Dirt
Yer they were saying they were going to cut it for ages but never happened, guess they finally got around to doing it... Word is that DSE will be doing a burn up there pretty soon to so yeh cant say theres going to be much track around. Ohwell no loss i hated walking up that damn hill.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The local crew will probably rebuild it again as per usual so i dont think we need to worry ;)

kizza

Likes Dirt
cheers guys, shame it happened now, i was looking forward to riding it again. O'well, I'm moving to Canada in 2 months so I think i'll be able to find somehwere to ride :p

JARRY

Likes Dirt
man thats sucks... enjoyed going out there for the arvo ride... just out of interest, is there anything on the other side???

cheers,

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i rode that track once in '06, nice and technical. Anyone keen on riding there get stuck in and get it running again. I know i'm going to be :)