I dont like wearing a helmet!

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember those 'strap it on your brain' campaigns that used to be on TV. Being a young a young fella, I loved seeing the sweet scars on the guys head.

The first pic is evidence that chicks do actually dig scars - he's being fed by one.

All jokes aside, wear a helmet when riding ;).

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are really disturbing, but are real reality check.

People who do not wear helmets in my opinion are idiots. They are putting a lot at stake, and for some reason don't care, I sure do.

Hope this all makes people who don't wear helmets decide too.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hope this all makes people who don't wear helmets decide too.
I really doubt they will mate. Not being pesemistic but jesus, a few pics aren't going to give people a good shake up and make them start wearing helmets.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I dont like helmets, I keep breaking them.

its getting expensive.
Not sure if there's some sarcasm there i'm missing, but if there's not, you're a complete tool. You contradict your whole argument in those two short sentences.

You keep breaking them aye? I wonder why...? Take it off and Hey! No more broken helmet. Just a vegetable son/husband/nephew/cousin/father...

Hospital bills cost a lot more than a new helmet once every few months. Plus, as Dr Smooth already stated, i didn't know life had a value...?

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that makes me want to get a helmet that fits good not one thats loose but all the less i could wear my fullface it would be called extreme commuting

yes i did see that in that magazine so i was just copying it

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Yeh, reminds me that I need a new dj lid. And a new fullface. Time to do some chores and get the parents on it.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the other day i was careless i didnt wear a helmet when i went to the shops then 2 days later i went again but this time i wore one and i fell backwards doing a manual without my rear brake done up (it was on my crappy beat around bike) and smacked my head, it didnt hurt and i continued.

later on closer inspection i realised i had cracked it in several places, i now make sure im always wearing my new one.

Last edited:

tnankie

Likes Dirt
Not sure if there's some sarcasm there i'm missing, but if there's not, you're a complete tool. You contradict your whole argument in those two short sentences.

You keep breaking them aye? I wonder why...? Take it off and Hey! No more broken helmet. Just a vegetable son/husband/nephew/cousin/father...

Hospital bills cost a lot more than a new helmet once every few months. Plus, as Dr Smooth already stated, i didn't know life had a value...?
nah mate if I put a broken helmet on my head then take it off the helmet is still broken and my head is still fine, I know I just tried then.

it was actually a bit of a bitch about how a fairly fragile single use piece of saftey gear is so damn expensive.

usually that sort of thing is subsidised, by the goverment, especially when it is a legal requirement to wear one.

DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Likes Bikes
I think if anyone sees someone on a dh track or a jump/street without a proper helmet tell them to wear a helmet or get the f off the track. We dont need split skulls advertising that the sport is dangerous because a legend needed a ego boost;)

Leechie

Likes Dirt
Why the freakin hell wont any pinkbike images or pinkbike its self work on my computer? If anyone knows help me I wanna see haha.

Corty

Likes Dirt
Idiots who don't wear helmets are just helping along the natural selection process of the human race. So I don't really have a problem with that, I just don't like the bad press that DH/DJ/BMX/MTB in general gets when these wanna be cool guys axe themselves and then try to sue people or claim compo.

Perhaps the Farkin admins should delete Fat Snaps and Fat Vids threads that show helmetless riders?

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Idiots who don't wear helmets are just helping along the natural selection process of the human race. So I don't really have a problem with that, I just don't like the bad press that DH/DJ/BMX/MTB in general gets when these wanna be cool guys axe themselves and then try to sue people or claim compo.

Perhaps the Farkin admins should delete Fat Snaps and Fat Vids threads that show helmetless riders?
if you didnt wear your helmet and you hurt your self then i doubt you could sue especially if there was a disclaimer saying that you must wear one i.e anything made by the council.

coram

Likes Dirt
Me and my bro were having a sprint home one day and his chain fell off and the momentum (I guess) flung him over his bars.
He landed straight on the side of his helmet and slid about 3-4 metres on the road.
If he wasn't wearing his helmet he would probly be dead or at least a vegie.
So thankful he had it on even though it looked like a piece of shit.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Me and my bro were having a sprint home one day and his chain fell off and the momentum (I guess) flung him over his bars.
He landed straight on the side of his helmet and slid about 3-4 metres on the road.
If he wasn't wearing his helmet he would probly be dead or at least a vegie.
So thankful he had it on even though it looked like a piece of shit.
i dare say having a big scar on the side of your head would look worse than a helmet.