i hate being 16.. money/jobs/school....etc

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
doesn't it suck having a broken bike :( , and having no money to fix it :( , and no motivation OR time to get a job :( ? yes well, thats senior school....
i'm doing my last year in school and i just can't wait to live the life when i get out, although i'm pretty worried about my OP - What did everyone get (if its not to personal)
Also, i have found a very cheap way of making money http://www.mountainbikepark.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=279 haha yes yes how cheap am i? i will also sell my body for $1 an hour :lol: .. hahaha just jokin, i wouldn't wanna rip anyone off :D
what kinda jobs did u guys have when u were in senior schooL???

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dude, you are living life! I soo wish I could be back at school! Uni is alright but I realy miss an 8till 3 day, 5days a week. Get a job at maccas or somehting, I regret not getting a job when I was at school cause you realy don't realise how much time you actually had free at school until you leave school! OP's don't realy mean anythign these days, what other qualifications you have do.

G

yr 12 t.e.e student - i was told to give up everything. A job if i had one my riding my girlfriend and theyll all be waiting for me whne i finish BULLSHIT!

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, what Turley said, i miss school soooo much, get to hang with chicks all day every day, late start, early knock off, teachers to abuse........school is good mate.
When i was at school i did a paper run and worked at red rooster 3nights and 1 day per week.

Sic

Likes Dirt
Man enjoy school while you can! Sure you got no money but you've got something that a lot of us dont, time. Try working 5 days a week and see how much riding you get done, theres also no guarantee that you'll have more money to spend on your bike once you get out in the world anyway. Theres always rent and all that other shit to pay for or save for.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
What they all said. Uni is alright but school was better and i dread the day when i have to work 5 days a week. Getting paid to ride would be so good!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
hehe yeh reckon bein sponsored would be cool... yeh true about school hey, only 5 days a week. but when i come home i spend at least 3 hours doing work on assignments.. and my weekends, i can fit about 1 ride in cuz of assignments, exam block is comming up 7 exams to do... god bless me.. and whats GAY, is now during holidays they give you assignments...
when i'm on a break its always linguring at the back of my mind "when am i gonna start that assignment OR shit, thats due next term holidays are almost over OR shit, i wanna ride, somethings due tomorrow!!!!
will somsone sponsor me? hahaha joking

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah you gotta do homework when you're on holiday and on the weekend but how many weeks hiliday do you get a year? You get 4 weeks on average working full time ( unless you dont take them all or hold them over ) so thats not a lot of time at all. Trust me, enjoy it while you can

S.

ex offender
Sic said:
Man enjoy school while you can! Sure you got no money but you've got something that a lot of us dont, time. Try working 5 days a week and see how much riding you get done, theres also no guarantee that you'll have more money to spend on your bike once you get out in the world anyway. Theres always rent and all that other shit to pay for or save for.
I don't have much time. I haven't been riding after school for about a month, and I only have time to ride on sundays about once or twice a month. That's not what I would call "lots of time".

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
yeah what they say except...while school was fun there really is nothing that can compete with 1st/second year uni...you have if u do it right, 16hrs contact a week of which you can pretty much get out of successfully about 3/4's of it which leaves plenny of time for a part time job ie bike money, plenny of time for riding plus your most likely legal to go to the pub...hang in there thru OP scores etc, don't take it overly seriously but serious enough...i mean at the end of the day only to get u into uni, from then on OP is nothing, and uni marks everything, after uni marks to get into honours uni marks count, then honours marks everything uni marks a little important, then once u got a proper job forget it all its just your experience that is important...Anyway i'm babbling, make the most of what u got...yeah if anyone actually read all this please reply cause your an idiot or really really bored like me!

CHEWY

Eats Squid
hmm u say schools good but when ur there ur not really enjoying it, i got a english mid year exam tomorrow and a exam a day for the next week :( although its good i spend every spare and every IT lesson on FARKIN. i need a job....

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
school was well slack work really wakes you up and see just how good u had it at school only good thing about work is the money

wombat

Lives in a hole
School was great. I have to admit though that not studying through year 11/12 wasn't the best decision I've probably made. They were too of the most enjoyable years of my life, but I know that in terms of UAI (I'm pressuming same as OP, the only OP I'm familiar with is Bundy!) I was probably capable of a lot more.
The thing I reckon I miss most though is the friends, especially the female ones. Damn we were spoilt at school, and now I don't see them half as much. I've also come to the conclusion that western Sydney isn't the biggest source of talent, I'll take my nice little school group any day.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
ok i admit school is fun at lunchtimes, sit around eat talk to hot chicks, pinch there arses as a joke (well thats what they think :wink: ) but man, sure school is only 7 hours, but what about all the extra hours u have to work at home and on weekends, barely gives a boy a chance to grow up :lol: hehehe. but yeh, i must admit school does has its ups and downs, when the assesment is dieing down (which isn't now, now have 8 exams and 3 assignments) then its all good, school is a big joke......
i heard uni is a LOT more fun than school - is that true?? well i guess it depends what u're doing in uni anywho.
i want an OP under 10!!!! please pray for me everyone :lol: :lol:

anywho.... i have a math assignment to start, and a RELIGION ASSIGNMENT (i go to a lutheran school, they jam religion down u're throat) due on friday - so i better get workin..... lol, this website distracts me so much, so many kewl people

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in year 12. My days consist of -

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - Wake up at 7.00, go to school until 2.45, work at Franks A1 Cycles from 3.00 till 5.00, come home.

Thursday - Wake up at 3.30, catch the first train to Beerwah, work at Australia Zoo all day, get home around 6.00.

Saturday - Work from 8.30-2 at Franks A1, get a lift to Hibiscus skatepark, ride from 2.30 till 5 or so, come home.

Sunday - Either riding or working at TC's Bike Barr.

In that time, I manage to study, ride a bit more, ride my dirtbike, spend time with my (very understanding and patient) girlfriend, look after www.wethepeople.de, care for a bunch of snakes and lizards, and cause a lot of trouble...