i hit 81 km/h today

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
yep i sure did i wasn't on the dirt but the hill was still steep.would have been faster but there was a head wind blowing so that kind of slowed me down.
so what have you done?

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SpectRe said:
max.87km/h fire trail run

You crazy buggar!

Fastest I've ever been is probably about 80, but down a straight bit of road!
My fastest down a fire trail is 65 and I was shitting my pants. I was on a hardtail with 80mm of travel trying to dodge massive rocks.

junior

get out of my grill
i remember when i was working in a bike shop this totally mangled giant atx came in the front wheel was bent into the frame and it was totally screwed. it happened when they were goin down a fire trail wit his friend at 80km/h and he ran into his friend and came off and was in hospital for a week wit a couple of broken bones. but u wouldnt belive this bike, it looked worse than a gosty bike.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
at the end of a trail i ride occasionally there's a sweet as, smooth paved road that leads right to the sandwhich shop.
I don't know the exact speed but I spin out my 9th gear (44tooth front, 11 tooth rear) and pass cars on the 80km/h speed limit section so i'm gueesin it's up there somewhere.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well i have probably hit a max of 43-45 on a downhill track. Thats going my fastes. And maby 65 on road.

n00b

Likes Dirt
80 on a flogged out mongoose hilltopper not stopping at intersectoions :shock:
admittedley not the smartest thing Ive ever done.

S.

ex offender
Shite, you guys have gotten some pretty fast ones! Fastest I've ever measured was 72 on dirt, and 75 or 76 on road (heh, both on the same bike!)

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A coupla years ago at thredbo they had a really open finish chute with a speed gun on it. I'm pretty sure most of us were cracking 80, but I'm old and my memory sucks. It was pretty rad though coz everyone was cranking it for speed gun bragging rights so the final corner (well, slight deviation from straight) got pretty hairy at flat chat.
Maybe the inherent stability (NOT) of my old Avanti Moto made it more fun. :)

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Over 100k's on a road bike (wearing lycra, and with no helmet), damn avocet only went to 99 :)

olsson

Likes Dirt
pulled 80kms down a main road. Well thats what the speedo says.
I dunno if I can do it down the same road. But I think I've done it a couple of times on different road. around 80 or so km/h

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i think max is about 80 on a road - GO COOTHA, on an avanti barracuda with slicks - i don't want to do it again, when i was cornering i could just feel the front of the bike want to give way

Rik

logged out
Palladium said:
ive his 93km on a road bike. Not an experience i particularly want to try again!
I've done fairly similar speed down Hawkesbury Lookout... my jersey was soaked from the rain at the time, and just the wind flapping it about stung the hell out of my chest, plus trying to squint through road spray at that speed was ridiculous.

I get up to 70ish every day I ride the XC speedmachine home from work, I'd love to have a bigger gear, this is down Fauveux(sp) street, and you should hear my brakes squeal trying to stop for the lights :shock:

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to ride down Foveaux St nearly every day as well, 1982 campag super record brakes don't work well there either.