I know every dad thinks so...

colesy01

Likes Bikes
Sweet vid Moorey,

My three year old took ages to get off his training wheels but he has since made the quick jump from his 16" to his brothers 20" around the back yard and at the skate park. I caught him trying to ride his sisters 24" the other day with a little help from the verandah post for balance.

botch

Likes Bikes
Awesome!! My lad is coming up 2 in a couple of months...can't wait to get him on a bike and start watching him do that stuff (wife isn't quite as keen on that though!!)

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Wow, respect to your boy (and you) Moorey, top skills. I just showed my 7yo who said 'great skills'.
I now hv to teach my boy jumping like that.
To date we hv concentrated on xc single track, off camber and climbing, gotta say he is a strong climber for a 7yo, now to get him jumping skills.

Good awareness in the jump by your son, most impressive tho was his ability to brake and turn.

Any kid can go fast, but their ability to control and brake when needed is what sets them apart.

Good work Dad.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the fact he lifted the front wheel before launching it.

Top effort!

dunndog

Eats Squid

Top effort!
That, and the way he stomped the landing. Awesome stuff.
Mt little fella's coming up to 2 in January, he's just starting now to show an interest in 'riding' things (pretty much his rocking moose at the moment) but I just bought him one of those little bikes without pedals, will get him out for a roll soon.
Not willing time to go by too quickly as every day is gold, but when I see a dad and his youngun(s) out on the trails I get really excited for the day that it's me. I also can't wait to get him on a little set of 40 cm skis with a helmet the size of his body and goggles twice the width of his head. god bless the little critters!

anth69

Likes Dirt
That, and the way he stomped the landing. Awesome stuff.
Mt little fella's coming up to 2 in January, he's just starting now to show an interest in 'riding' things (pretty much his rocking moose at the moment) but I just bought him one of those little bikes without pedals, will get him out for a roll soon.
Not willing time to go by too quickly as every day is gold, but when I see a dad and his youngun(s) out on the trails I get really excited for the day that it's me. I also can't wait to get him on a little set of 40 cm skis with a helmet the size of his body and goggles twice the width of his head. god bless the little critters!
i had the privlige of taking my 8 and 9 y/old boys to race every vdhs round , coaching them down the runs and watching them try to copy me and other riders.... cant wait for the day they fly past me

moorey

call me Mia

Top effort!
That's why he prefers the 12" for "stunts" ( as he calls them ). It's nice and light in the front. I've been riding MTBs for 20 years and never looked as comfy on a bike as him. Lol.

Delmar

Likes Dirt
I just love this kind of stuff. Real smile on the dial here. Well done dad, some good tutoring going on there...:). My three will get there one of these days, not much interest from my girls in 'stunts' though (much as they love riding), need my boy (18mnths) to get there...

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
That's why he prefers the 12" for "stunts" ( as he calls them ). It's nice and light in the front. I've been riding MTBs for 20 years and never looked as comfy on a bike as him. Lol.
I'm in the same boat as you Moorey. The son shall surpass the father.
Your son does look so comfortable and relaxed on the bike.

I'm always stoked to see kids riding with their parents, after all if we don't breed 'em, who will?

Joy

Likes Dirt
I'm 23 and nowhere near thinking about having kids yet, but seeing stuff like that makes me can't WAIT to be a Dad.

Here's me hitting up some driveway northshore with my Dad. My little bro is also along for the ride in the baby seat!

mebikekid.jpg

sushi

Squid
Sons...

Your son has some great skills...

My son (12 years old) and I just spent 10 days riding in Whistler together, one of the best holidays I have had, but being able to spend time with my son and ride bikes together, life could not be better. :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ha! What a cracker! He looks so confident and controlled! He's ready for a mortgage now, that'll bring him screaming back to earth. ;) Keep it up little digger!

Matty_P

Likes Dirt
Good stuff.

My 2 boys (7yo & 3yo) have learnt on run bikes. Both now riding fine & the eldest is now on his 3rd bike. The youngest though has been quicker to take to pedals than his older brother. Both riding simpler parts of local skate park & jumps track.

My eldest is pestering me about going down to the Kurrajong area of the YY's soon ...

Watched a little 10yo at the skate park on the weekend doing some incredible tricks on a nice 16" bmx. He asked my what my best trick is (I'm on a 24" bmx) & I replied "riding 150km on a road bike". This old dog is trying to learn new tricks ....

moorey

call me Mia
I'm 23 and nowhere near thinking about having kids yet, but seeing stuff like that makes me can't WAIT to be a Dad.

Here's me hitting up some driveway northshore with my Dad. My little bro is also along for the ride in the baby seat!

View attachment 212818
Awesome pic :clap2:
Don't forget that having kids CAN take a massive toll on YOUR riding. My 2nd is 3yo, and my wife works weekends, so heading off for the races at weekends has been off the cards for last 5 years and a couple more still to come. That said, kids over riding ANY day, but looking forward to combining the 2 at every chance

Samy

Likes Dirt
Awesome work! How old is he?

I just ordered my 2 year old a Specialized Hot Rock 12 (should arrive before end of week!) as he is now too advanced for his 'balance bike' and really needs some pedals / something to put his feet on.

Recent photo below of him doing a DH - he started right up high on the trail and I could not run fast enough to keep up with him! Loves the skate parks too.