NSW I mucked up. sold

safreek

Item: 26/27.5 fork, straight steerer
Price range/Willing to Pay: no more than 200 but happy with cheaper, can also swap for a fox 32 with tapered steerer, 15mm axle
Extra Info:
I am after what the world is chasing, straight steerer, 26ish, 100 to 130ish mm travel.
Qr or 20mm, will consider 15mm if you have a wheel to suit.
Prefer the 4 main brands but try me, I'm very broadminded.
Needs to be light to Mid weight.
Basically I need a fork for the fluid.
Can swap for this fork

moorey

call me Mia
  1. What fluid?
  2. Good SS for for $200? As you say, you and everyone else.
  3. @Labcanary has a 120mm XX sid I just returned to her. Not sure if selling though.
3.1 I have something. See point 2.
  1. Maybe tell people what that fox is you're trying to swap.
  2. Not sure if @link1896 can/will help with anything.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
  1. What fluid?
  3. @Labcanary has a 120mm XX sid I just returned to her. Not sure if selling though.
Reba, I think. They are not 100%, @moorey found some issues with the lowers but they may be ok with some work-arounds. Stanchions and internals are fine though.

moorey

call me Mia
Reba, I think. They are not 100%, @moorey found some issues with the lowers but they may be ok with some work-arounds. Stanchions and internals are fine though.
Yes, reba, sorry. It's just one brake post....and easily sorted with the longer bolt, helicoil, or tapping a larger bolt.

safreek

1. What fluid?
1) photo down below, from scottyT
2)does not need to be real good, just a workable fork, lowers mean nothing to me cosmetically. 200+ my fork.
3) would assume out of my price range
3.1) ?

As with the fork I have, I have no idea what it is. Will check later.
I am guessing that the frame only takes ss, I have not got the frame yet but am guessing if from 08 it won't take a tapered.
Need to sort a fork before ordering new wheels. To be honest I am just wanting to have a go at short travel bikes on the cheap so I can see if I like them.
The endurobro feels real good so want to try a newer frame style, and I blew up the shock on the endurobro on Sunday so need to prioritise what's more important

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is going to be great. You're going to need a few extra gopros to ensure it's all on film when the head tube tears off.

In that era spesh had a 160mm dual crown that would probably look good on the frame.

moorey

call me Mia
This is going to be great. You're going to need a few extra gopros to ensure it's all on film when the head tube tears off.

In that era spesh had a 160mm dual crown that would probably look good on the frame.
Except it was 150mm fork (future shock) from memory.
Dump the fugging DC fork and remember what you're trying to do here, FFS

safreek

Except it was 150mm fork (future shock) from memory.
Dump the fugging DC fork and remember what you're trying to do here, FFS
Yes dad:) but you are right. The problem is that, as you said, bloody hard to get ss forks and dual crownies all seem straight steer.