I need a computer with a backlight

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm soon to be embarking on my first endro ride, I smartly picked one that is going to be held at night...........The 12hr's of Darkness

Anyways I've got the lights sorted, I now need a computer that has a backlight on it so that I can see it while I'm cruising around in the dark.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any?? I'm looking for basic features, but I guess if I could get a heart moniter and/or candence for a good price I might take a second look

oh, btw I can't be bothered to get a helmet mounted light, I don't use lights often so I'm investing in a computer instead

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can get computers with cadence really cheap these days!

I'm not entirely sure what it is though.

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
you can get a little computer light that fits on you bars. if you allready got a comp.

re the helmet mounted light try one. its worth it.

Rik

logged out
You could even DIY an LED bar-illumination setup, it'll last for ages, be nice and small too. Do it in blue for extra wank factor, who cares if you can't see the display, at least you'll look cool as you cruise through the trails.

Dane

Likes Dirt
those aa sized maglites are a very cheap alternative, tape one or two of them to your helmet and you'll notice a difference.

Rik said:
I'm pretty sure the Polar series have backlights, but they're $$$
i don't know the series that well but my one that can be used as a speedo dosen't have a backlight. i think it was s150. the higher end monitors in the 'a' and 'm' series have backlights but don't have speedos.

and jays_5000, cadence is how many rpm (rotations) your legs are doing.

Edit: right the s520 has a backlight, but it is also the deluxe one with computer uplink and all the extras, and as rik said $$$

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
If you end up going for a DIY set-up, make sure the LED isn't facing you. Otherwise you're eyes will never be able to adjust properly!