I think I want a new Bike... again...

Minlak

custom titis
Hey @Minlak I have swapped the 2.8's on my Torrent to 2.5 (still Minion front but an Aggressor rear) and it has improved the bike. No shit, it still does all the things you're used to that you love but is a little more agile and climbs that bit better. The grip level hasn't changed for me on the trails I ride and I'm running a bit more pressure in my tyres than what I was in the 2.8's.
Now, consider this as part of your dilemma 'cause I'm in a similar boat to you. The Torrent is an awesome bike to ride, it's a point and shoot no fuss ball of fun. You get used to riding an aggressive hardtail then you jump on your wallowing dual suspension bike (of any brand, not a Tranny or Intense etc) and it feels like dog shit. I'm all over the place on my Tracer and cannot for the life of me fall in love with the thing but I get back on the Torrent and it's love all over again.
How can I cure this bogus thing? My only vibe is that I need to go back to a shorter travel dual suspension bike (Tracer is 160mm, 650B) and have it feel almost similar to the hardtail. Or I could just ride the hardtail on everything? Or I could just be content to ride what I have and just enjoy it? This is keeping me awake at night. ;)
If I order new tyres I had decided to go a heavier casing already :) waiting on a tyre plug kit to try on it first. Hoping to get a bit more out of the tyre before replacing it but going heavier next time for sure. And yeah I understand I love the torrent then feel blah on the smuggler. Yet before I bought the torrent I was in love with the smuggler

LPG

likes thicc birds
As someone who only rides an aggressive hardtail (Trek Stache, similar to the torrent) it's interesting to see the comments about enjoying the torrent more than the FS trail bike. Puts a different spin on my N=1 thoughts.

Minlak

custom titis
As someone who only rides an aggressive hardtail (Trek Stache, similar to the torrent) it's interesting to see the comments about enjoying the torrent more than the FS trail bike. Puts a different spin on my N=1 thoughts.
I just keep going back to the torrent every time. I say mmm time to take the dually for a spin then load up the Hardtail. I had a transam prior to the torrent and rode it more too. Maybe I’m just a Hardtail guy in the end :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I dont ride an aggressive hardtail but there is no way I would ride either the Giant or the Muru where I hammered the Bronson before Christmas. Just too harsh and rough. And now flat trail riding is the Giant's role because the Bronson is soggy and inefficient.

Maybe the trails in Rumtown are better suited to the hardtail and you need to take the dual cab to a place that has a hill And some bouncy bouncy bits?

Anyway, I dont think anyone who has met you would describe you as a hardtail guy.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I dont ride an aggressive hardtail but there is no way I would ride either the Giant or the Muru where I hammered the Bronson before Christmas. Just too harsh and rough. And now flat trail riding is the Giant's role because the Bronson is soggy and inefficient.

Maybe the trails in Rumtown are better suited to the hardtail and you need to take the dual cab to a place that has a hill And some bouncy bouncy bits?

Anyway, I dont think anyone who has met you would describe you as a hardtail guy.
Stravaholics anonymous.

Whack some more psi into the shock for a while, see if that is enough to tickle your pickle.