DJ Ibis Ripmo v2

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Trying to order a air shaft 160mm for these A1 Pikes (new Debonair design) and have been told that SRAM Oz have none in stock & won't expect new stock until early fucking May!

What the fucking fuck??? Geoblocking get fucked.

Anyone got a 29er 160mm shaft they want to sell me? Has to be for the early model Pikes. Debonair can get stuffed.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
We likely all have spare RS air shafts lying about. We need to expose our wares!
I only saw this one now and it might suit but haven't check it yet.

If I open the shed door then have to spend all day knee deep in bike pr0n picking up Fat Chance Ti frames, Marzocchi Monster T's, GT Psyclones and SC prototypes. That is what I like to think anyhow.................

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Ripmo v2 take two.

160mm Debonair air shaft, still with -1.5 headset.

That’s better - more balanced front to rear & better stack height. With the 51mm offset fork there’s wheel flop on firm surfaces but that fades on loose. And front traction is almost limitless, plus you can really ride the front end on the steeps.

Climbing, it’s verging on insane! I simply cannot understate how well this bike climbs, no matter how janky or steep or loose it is. I honestly believe it climbs better than the Tallboy. Seating position, riding position, traction, even on a Minion SS.

Now to decide if I will be sticking with the -1.5 or going back to 0. HA measures at 64.2 now, OEM is 65.9. I can live with the 64.2 but maybe I could make it even livelier.

I reckon there’ll be another chapter...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Now to decide if I will be sticking with the -1.5 or going back to 0.
cough -1 degree cough ;)

Looks a lot more balanced with the 160mm airshaft in now. I like the weight-concious build you've done with this, would be so playful.

Tempted to de-anodise the rebound knob?