DJ Ibis Ripmo v2

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I could, but would I notice 0.5 degree? I think I need to make a big(ger) move then think about it.

Yeah it is playful for a big bike - I find myself boosting off little things like I did on the Ripley.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You would notice the difference IMO. The first degree felt like less of a change than the couple of half degree steps between -1 and -2. That being said, I had them installed in the following order: -1, -2, -1.5. In summary of characteristics - The -2 was epic plow mode, but really had to be asked to turn as it just wanted to keep on trucking wherever it was pointing. -1.5 felt very stable, but would still follow a corner and change direction semi acceptably (ie: without having to really force a change of directions), and -1 felt like standard geo but just a little more stable & calm through rock.

That was all with a 44mm offset fork though, so that may have an effect.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Well now she’s fitted with a 0 degree offset headset, so 65.9 HA:

God that feels nice. I must not be endurobro enough to fit with slacker.

Used my proper bearing press for the first time too, man that makes this process utterly lovely.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My local wall will test it's climbing ability and yours! I've scaled this thing once without stopping, was a fluke!

When iso is over come and ride the wall, going down is fun.
Ah, I think I know this one at Knapsack.
That is a tough one and going left then take a line right across the front is the only way I can get up there no dabs - on a good day too.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Awesome bike.

So stuck right now between Ripley and Ripmo.

You‘ve had both describe the differences?

is the Ripmo a punish on flatish Xc trails?
I wouldn't own a Ripmo as my only bike given my trail network - it's mostly flatish, tight & twisty. I like having the Tallboy as a dichotomy. And my Ripmo is built as XC as you could get away with.

A mate bought a Ripley v4 & loves it. As a one-bike stable, I'd get a Ripley I think. My old Ripley was v1, very different beast.

The Ripmo will allow me to extend my riding more safely, however. Can't wait to get it to Loftus & whatnot. Would have also been damn amazing at Derby!

stirk

Burner
Ah, I think I know this one at Knapsack.
That is a tough one and going left then take a line right across the front is the only way I can get up there no dabs - on a good day too.
Yep that's the way I go. Hifi will nail it straight up the middle on this bike?......and then send it massive on the way down
Will he need a lander @pink poodle?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Awesome bike.

You‘ve had both describe the differences?

is the Ripmo a punish on flatish Xc trails?
Same boat, but no funds currently so much thinking at the moment. The difference in weight between the two frames is very small.

Depends on your trails and your riding style. The Ripley is very capable, if you have seen Jeff Kendall-Weeds vids or seen what Lew Buchanan on his Insta page before moving brands can do on a Ripley it is probably enough bike for us mortals but the Ripmo would give you some room for error and still pedals and climbs very well.

Wish we had demos in Aus!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Depends on your trails and your riding style. The Ripley is very capable, if you have seen Jeff Kendall-Weeds vids or seen what Lew Buchanan on his Insta page before moving brands can do on a Ripley it is probably enough bike for us mortals but the Ripmo would give you some room for error and still pedals and climbs very well.
I'm happy with the Ripley LS on all green and blue trails at Stromlo, although you pick your lines on the darker blues rather than plough. I am keen to try the much roomier fit of a Ripley v4 to add a bit more confidence though.

For black trails I'd prefer a bigger bike, but of course great riders like the guys mentioned by @shiny will slay things on a Ripley that I wouldn't go near. If you're a skilled rider, the Ripley is a surprisingly versatile thing.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same boat, but no funds currently so much thinking at the moment. The difference in weight between the two frames is very small.

Wish we had demos in Aus!
Being a mere mortal my ambitions and capabilities are very different. I’m never riding blacks - period - I don’t enjoy it. I don’t do doubles or big drops so I am guessing the ripmo is not really for me.

The demo thing shits me to tears in our whole market not just ibis.. One day a smart distro will work it out - demos = sales maybe not immediately but eventually.