DJ Ibis Ripmo v2

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I still can’t believe how well this thing climbs:

http://instagr.am/p/CENqmaynWnS/
Of course it descends well, and corners well...but why does it climb so well?

That’s a B+ difficulty tech climb, breezes up there!
Don't underestimate whatever voodoo magic witchcraft Dave Weagle and Ibis do together in their spare time. My HD4 is a 15kg+ pig and motors up shit.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
New tyres are brilliant. Bike feels way more sprightly, I’m climbing in one or two gears higher. But the best bit is steering from lock to lock, the transition is so smooth, no notchy feel as you transition from centre to side knobs.

Grip is at least as good on the tacky trails here now. I’m sure that I’ll notice the lack of cornering grip in drier conditions but I can adjust to it.

http://instagr.am/p/CHRArGFnooy/

It feels like the setup has gone from Africa rally to fast gravel...

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Ripmo down! Ripmo down!

Popping rear hub was down to the freehub inboard bearing exploding, causing the body to partly dig into the hub ring:

Is this a thing? Bearings are absolutely stupidly tiny, even tinier now they are smashed to pieces.

17 x 26 x 5 (6803) - now to find a replacement.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ripmo down! Ripmo down!

Popping rear hub was down to the freehub inboard bearing exploding, causing the body to partly dig into the hub ring:

Is this a thing? Bearings are absolutely stupidly tiny, even tinier now they are smashed to pieces.

Yeah it’s a thing. I change mine yearly now, even if they feel fine. Blown up twice on me, both a year and a half old.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ripmo down! Ripmo down!

Have fun getting that outer race out.

Hope oem bearings are rubbish. Get some good japanese bearings to replace them from your local bearing shop.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Ripmo down! Ripmo down!

Was a thing on Pro 2s, not heard of it on the 4s but looks like it is!

DIY MTB sell them and I presume bearing shops as well. EDIT as @Oddjob said.

Scroll down to 6803.