DJ Ibis Ripmo v2

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Swear it said Pro 4s on the first page but as above, I have used both SKF and Enduros in my Pro 2 and they have gone well.
Yeah it does but maybe I'm wrong? It's a reasonably new 142 hub...I'm not that Hope literate.

God knows - maybe it's written on it? :p

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Swear it said Pro 4s on the first page but as above, I have used both SKF and Enduros in my Pro 2 and they have gone well.
They all let go eventually. Hope use a softer stainless though for better corrosion resistance (UK weather and all that).

slowmick

38-39"
Big cassette? Mine lasted forever with 11-42 and I exploded two sets in weeks with the change to 11-46 and lots of hills. Put in good bearings and keep an eye on them. I killed my pro 2 evo hub by not picking up a stuffed bearing. two crapped bearing damaged the drive ring then all of the pawls broke.

goobags

Likes Dirt
I check my second hand mystery kilometre Pro2 evo freehub bearings when I did the hub bearing two weeks ago. Hub bearings were shot and the freehub bearings (3 maybe) were in as new condition.

[mention]slowmick [/mention] did you lengthen the chain when you put the bigger cassette on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had a look at my hub today, can only just feel a slight bit of nochiness in the bearings with no play and there's still plenty of grease in there too.

I'd say I'd easily get another 1000kms out of them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That freehub bearing should have a seal on it!
Yeah, I removed the seal with a blade to check the condition of the bearing and re-installed it. I was surprised at all the grease in there still and I have never had the hub apart before. Maybe it's just the dinner plate cassettes that do all the damage to them as I always run a 2X 10sp set up.