Ibis Ripmo

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
5010 v2 or v3? I'll be watching your build :)
V2.

With the V3 I felt I was going to land between sizes, and V2 still has pressed in headset cups, which gives me the option to play with angle headsets down the track. I'll put a PYR thread up once I make a start (hopefully this weekend if the invisiframe kit arrives this week). I loved my Size L 5010 V2 once I got it dialed (it felt like a riding BMX with just a little suspension added), except that I felt like death was imminent any time I pointed it down steep rocky tech, so the same thing in XL should be just as much fun but a little safer too.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
V2.

With the V3 I felt I was going to land between sizes, and V2 still has pressed in headset cups, which gives me the option to play with angle headsets down the track. I'll put a PYR thread up once I make a start (hopefully this weekend if the invisiframe kit arrives this week). I loved my Size L 5010 V2 once I got it dialed (it felt like a riding BMX with just a little suspension added), except that I felt like death was imminent any time I pointed it down steep rocky tech, so the same thing in XL should be just as much fun but a little safer too.
V2 would be on my shortlist too. Seems like a good balance between weight and fun. The imminent death feeling can come a bit easier with only semi gnarly down bits. not one bike is a true quiver killer yet.

Will love to see how it progresses.

HindleJ

Squid
I should check these threads more often but congrats to the buyer of the frame.

Good luck with the 5010 build.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Well update the PYR build specs then! :p

Good to hear though. Bikes can have many lives!
He’s over the moon!

Same shock & fork, same hubs but with DT 471 rims.

And Rod went full spend on the drivetrain, SRAM carbon cranks & AXS.

The Ripmo cannot be beat…

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
He’s over the moon!

Same shock & fork, same hubs but with DT 471 rims.

And Rod went full spend on the drivetrain, SRAM carbon cranks & AXS.

The Ripmo cannot be beat…
Ah, it's the blue one! That terrain looks so, so good too. Much jealousy!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Would you put them on again when it comes time to replace? Or truly not a good idea kind of borderline?
Update. They are perfect for Thredbo & Mt Stromlo terrain. Never had a front slide...not even once. Their speed helped me keep the others in touch, which is a thing as this sort of riding is well outside my wheelhouse.

http://instagr.am/p/C41vQ-Zh4x0/

Not hard to spot the guy in learning mode...