IC MTB Enduro - Red Centre

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Andrew Blair wins; 14s in front of Red Racer, then Lefmann. I think that will put Blairy into GC lead.

Provided there's no protests... ;)

rangie

Likes Dirt
Yellow

Andy Blair retains yellow after hard fought stage, breakaways, crash right at the end. Nick Both also (swell redshift racing) made great gains and involved in breakaway.

Jess 8min plus in womens yellow.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Updates via Twitter (@Rapid_Ascent) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapid-Ascent/236046267023).

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150183036227024&id=236046267023

In the women's Jess Douglas snatched the yellow leader's jersey with a day out in front. never really challenged after taking Anna Beck and Jo Wall on the first hill. The result has Jess with an 8min+ overall lead, to Beck and then Wall another ten mins astray. Time trial and night race tomorrow will see who still has the legs after today's long stage in the sun.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150183035397024&id=236046267023

Rule number #1 in MTB racing: never drop your bike when you can see the finishline. Jason English was after every second he could get in today's 77km stage, pushing hard 'til the BMX track end. Too hard. He hit the deck on the second last corner. Instead of finding it, he lost 6sec, Andy Blair edging out Aiden Lefmann for first. Blair remains overall leader. English 2nd by 1sec to 3rd Lefmann.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Ingkerreke Commercial MTB Enduro

Dear All,
Jess Douglas has been tweeting, Enduro Pulse is keeping tabs and I can occasionally through a few words together about things down the order a little, here. Oh a a couple of photos as well.
If you are not here, grab ya bike, some friends or family and spend a week exploring the sweet endless trails Alice Springs has to offer. There is riding for everyone.
From poolside in Alice,
Crummy

JessD

Likes Dirt
Dear All,
Jess Douglas has been tweeting, Enduro Pulse is keeping tabs and I can occasionally through a few words together about things down the order a little, here. Oh a a couple of photos as well.
If you are not here, grab ya bike, some friends or family and spend a week exploring the sweet endless trails Alice Springs has to offer. There is riding for everyone.
From poolside in Alice,
Crummy
Hey Crummy...was it not the best or what? I loved it and next year we are planning on staying on for a few days after and doing the Larapinta walk thingy and other sightseeing activities, as well as arriving early and doing some track reccy and getting into the vibe. Loved it!

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Hey Crummy...was it not the best or what? I loved it and next year we are planning on staying on for a few days after and doing the Larapinta walk thingy and other sightseeing activities, as well as arriving early and doing some track reccy and getting into the vibe. Loved it!
The tweets and updates have inspired me... I have approval to add this to the calendar next year :)

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Ingkerreke Commercial MTB Enduro

It was a super fun week, a supurb way to explore some of the tough country surrounding Alice. Was great to share the trails with some dedicated (not all were experienced) riders from all around Australia and several parts of the world. It would be quite easy to spend another week in location. Fun, rugged and testing. Highly reccomended.

More words and pictures here.

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
The tweets and updates have inspired me... I have approval to add this to the calendar next year
A couple of years ago my Son and I had just come across from riding the Simpson Desert and timed it to stay at the Heavy Tree Gap resort to soak in the ambience of the event (it was the Anaconda I think?). Never seen so many high fives and happy faces during an event. There's something very special about riding and competing in and around Alice. You'll love it Arran and a great choice of event to compete in.

Do take the time to explore the area. There are many fantastic things to experience here and if you're into adventure (like der.... that's why we're on this thread ) you'll be able to use the trip over and back to get into some sensational places.

Do take the time to meander through the Desert Park just out of Alice. It's good for the mind and body after a hard event. There are also some great support vehicle tracks along the Larapinta trail. In the past we organized support vehicles with bikes to meet along the trail in order to walk the good bits and be able to ride in and out - sensational times!

For those not flying, no matter where you're traveling from and to, it really is worth while making a journey of it because there's so much out there to experience. The event is great but the really good life long memories can be made before or better still afterwards (when the stress of pre-race is over).

Happy to help anyone who wants more.