XC Idrive comes back to life

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Picked this frame up for 50 bucks.

It is a 2006 GT idrive four 2.0.

It's going to be used for getting non riding mates into the sport, and leaving in the car during work hours so I can go direct from work for a ride.

Wheels came for free from takai. Thanks dude!
3x9 drive train was free from a mate.
Brakes will be Guide R's from the stash
Needs a new bb.
Shock needs a rebuild and polymer bushings.
A brand X dropper maybe

Yet to find forks. 26" straight 15TA.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
That's a golden oldie, I haven't seen a flex bar type for quite some time.

I had a 1999 XCR5000 that I gave to a mate to get into riding, that was golden oldie with no disc mount tabs, square taper bb, and a dog bone link that wore out super quick. But it got me back into MTB after a decade off the bike, so I have a soft spot for them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had a 1999 XCR5000 that I gave to a mate to get into riding, that was golden oldie with no disc mount tabs, square taper bb, and a dog bone link that wore out super quick. But it got me back into MTB after a decade off the bike, so I have a soft spot for them.
Those models are pretty much collectables now, you can still get limited spare parts from the UK but very pricey. The best bikes are the ones that are the most fun. Cycle station sell Gt parts from time to time, if you wait till they have a sale you can pick up some good deals.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Those models are pretty much collectables now, you can still get limited spare parts from the UK but very pricey. The best bikes are the ones that are the most fun. Cycle station sell Gt parts from time to time, if you wait till they have a sale you can pick up some good deals.

I watch out for them on gumtree, and I'll probably get back my XCR5000 soonish.

I'd love to throw a modern build kit on an XCR5000. SIDs front and rear. Mine's scuba yellow which I always hated, love the blue and white

Flow-Rider

Burner
I watch out for them on gumtree, and I'll probably get back my XCR5000 soonish.

I'd love to throw a modern build kit on an XCR5000. SIDs front and rear. Mine's scuba yellow which I always hated, love the blue and white
Do you know if it's US manufactured, if it is it's worth gold.

Flow-Rider

Burner
IT?????? 10 char
Yeah it's some sort of Dh model around 1996 I'm led to believe , funny enough ones actually owned by someone In NZ where another company makes that chain drive for another brand.

GT was actually ahead of it's time and they tried many things before other companies did.

Here's another pic,

21014036_10155622265314304_4934878085509832270_o.jpg
19059726_1521174094623670_7910191929474570729_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yeah it's some sort of Dh model around 1996 I'm led to believe , funny enough that's actually owned by someone In NZ where another company makes that chain drive for another brand.

GT was actually ahead of it's time and they tried many things before other companies did.

Here's another pic,

View attachment 341321
Ah, I remember this one with the Enduro 125 look. They did have enough market cap to try a few things.

Loved their golden period even if the triple triangle was made to look distinctive first and functionality was second.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Just found Fox 32 150mm 26" forks with FIT cartridge for this build. Forks have a tapered steerer but I've a straight CSU in the stash. I'll drop them down to 120mm.

Last edited:

haulrs

Likes Bikes
Mmmm like regurgitator.... I like the old stuff better than the new stuff....

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)