XC Idrive comes back to life

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Mmmm like regurgitator.... I like the old stuff better than the new stuff....

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)
Once I could no longer get dog bones for the xcr5000 I started making them. The clunk on every pedal stroke from worn dogbone du bushings was annoying. Really needed ball bearings.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Fox 32 DRCV converted to 1 1/8th straight and about 125mm travel with a travel reduction spacer.

Really don't like Fox's old negative coil spring arrangement, and unsure DRCV is going to work at 125mm travel. one day I'll make these dual air.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Previous douche owner ran a cage ball bearing directly in the integrated headset's top position.

New bearing feels like it will float. New headset due soon, time will tell.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Started making parts for the front jet black hub to make it 15mm TA compatible. Thanks to summitfever for the idea.

Using two 17 x 28 x 7 bearings, a 62.5mm long bearing spacer centre tube and two end caps.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Think I'm the only one on the planet who has to blow the swarf from the lathe out of the dogs hair with compressed air.
Front hub bearing spacer complete, now just turning up 15mm axle adapters, in brass as I don't have any 28mm OD ally.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sorry off topic. But I need some guidance from the resident machinist.

If I happened to have a vintage bike with linkage bolts made out of cheese and I happened to round one out, is it possible to copy proprietry bolts or is it a black art?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yep, grade 8 bolts are a walk in the park with carbide inserts.

If you need a funky bolt with an 8mm smooth shank 40mm long with an m6 threaded end , you might be able to start off with an m10 grade 8 cap head and turn down. No reason why it can't have nuts both ends if the m10's caphead won't work.

haulrs

Likes Bikes
Sorry off topic. But I need some guidance from the resident machinist.

If I happened to have a vintage bike with linkage bolts made out of cheese and I happened to round one out, is it possible to copy proprietry bolts or is it a black art?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Or put a post in the wanted area...

Is it a gt? Let me know I may have spare parts... have an lts1&2 in bits and some idrive bolts too.. gt were good at special bits

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Tasks left:

Rebuild a set of guides
Rebuild a reverb
Find shorter stem and bars in the stash
Throw it all together

Not sure about the NOS front mud guard, but the girlfriend will be on this.