If you have a beard, guess what...., you're an idiot.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I just can't push myself to press the lazy like button on that one @moorey .
There goes a mental image free Friday night :)

Anyhow, we are glad that you rear fruity area has healed up.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I bought a double edge and some Wilkinson Swords a month or so ago. Still getting the hang of it, think I need to do only one pass in each direction.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Here’s ya handy shaving hint for young players.

An ancient barber told me this back when I had hair, so we are talking at least 35 years ago. BTW, this works for all razors, straight, DE and multiblade. When you’ve finished shaving, rinse the razor and then run it backwards up your forearm, preferably on the hairiest bit of your arm. I do it maybe a dozen times. With DE, do both sides obviously. This ‘strops’ the blade against the hair, which is made of keratin and is very tough, and so it hones, cleans and de-burrs the blades cutting edge.

I shave every day and doing this, the blades definitely last longer. I use gillette blue plus twin blade disposables for shaving under my nose, as I just can’t be arsed shaving against the grain there, and they last for two to three months. As for DE, I've tried all of the majors over the years, but prefer Astras. They easily last for more than a week, but I’m in the habit of going a fresh one every Saturday, as we are talking 20c, and just in case I get a dodgy one and it cuts me up. That way, I’ve got Sunday to recover, before going to work. I often present to customers, in boardrooms, so looking like Norman Gunston is not the go. I always strop the new blade on my arm before I use it, so rarely get cut anyway.

There ya go.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Good tip sensei, I will try the arm stropping technique.

I did like the Aastras also and they did last a bit longer than the Feathers. The Gillette 7 O'clocks also were quite good. I prefer the sharper blades overall.

I can do a 3 pass shave fairly quickly now without shredding myself in the process.

Like most things, a bit of practice and it becomes easy.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Ended up grabbing a mid range Wahl trimmer. But now I've started looking at DE options (my bday is coming up hmm)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Got myself a Edwin Jagger DE89 to try out. Definitely need to practice, but haven't cut myself yet. Cheeks are smooth as, but the neck is harder to get right. Got a variety pack of different blades too, think 6 or 7 types. Wish had done this earlier instead of years of plastic crap :(

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Got myself a Edwin Jagger DE89 to try out. Definitely need to practice, but haven't cut myself yet. Cheeks are smooth as, but the neck is harder to get right. Got a variety pack of different blades too, think 6 or 7 types. Wish had done this earlier instead of years of plastic crap :(
Great work. I also have to get a bit creative under my jaw to get it really smooth. Once you get the hang of it then you can shave pretty quickly. They just shave sooo well compared to the supermarket razors.

Disclaimer: I am a shaving infidel and use a cartridge set up but that arm thing works, I'm ending week three of daily shaving and will easily get to week 4 on the same blade.

And my left arm has never been so silky smooth

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Here’s ya handy shaving hint for young players.

An ancient barber told me this back when I had hair, so we are talking at least 35 years ago. BTW, this works for all razors, straight, DE and multiblade. When you’ve finished shaving, rinse the razor and then run it backwards up your forearm, preferably on the hairiest bit of your arm. I do it maybe a dozen times. With DE, do both sides obviously. This ‘strops’ the blade against the hair, which is made of keratin and is very tough, and so it hones, cleans and de-burrs the blades cutting edge.

I shave every day and doing this, the blades definitely last longer. I use gillette blue plus twin blade disposables for shaving under my nose, as I just can’t be arsed shaving against the grain there, and they last for two to three months. As for DE, I've tried all of the majors over the years, but prefer Astras. They easily last for more than a week, but I’m in the habit of going a fresh one every Saturday, as we are talking 20c, and just in case I get a dodgy one and it cuts me up. That way, I’ve got Sunday to recover, before going to work. I often present to customers, in boardrooms, so looking like Norman Gunston is not the go. I always strop the new blade on my arm before I use it, so rarely get cut anyway.

There ya go.
Fark me, I was about to criticise this thread because no one brought up dreadlocks and then I read gold like this.

Though I'd still like to know Johnny's opinion of white rastafarians.;):)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Suddenly this thread deserves a revival...

If you are middle aged man, living in the inner city, and you bring your goat for coffee and sit in the cafe with it....you're a fuckwit. Oh and the little goat had a little jumper like people put on dogs. It looked to be made of a man made fibre. My head is melting!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Suddenly this thread deserves a revival...

If you are middle aged man, living in the inner city, and you bring your goat for coffee and sit in the cafe with it....you're a fuckwit. Oh and the little goat had a little jumper like people put on dogs. It looked to be made of a man made fibre. My head is melting!
Yeah, but is it the beard's fault?