If you won the lottery...

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder how many people are going to buy a lottery ticket after this thread
Not me...

But if I did win/get a heap of money I'd likely retire, move to the north island of NZ, I'd like to study, actually no, I'd like to learn some things.

And just ride my bicycle, surf and travel.

But hey, dreams are dreams

dog boy

Likes Dirt
Well I seem to remember working out the probability of winning the lottery outright was about 230,000,000:1 (correct me if i"m wrong) so i dont buy a ticket. but If I did some how win :confused: not sure how that would work.

Buy a fkn massive house on a canal lot $5mill
Aston Martin v12
Ducati course 1198s or what ever the 60,000k one is
super yacht $12 mill more or less,
plenty of bikes, snowboards, clothes ect ect.
Swedish super model:p

jayjay3032

Likes Bikes
I don't see why anyone would bother finishing uni if they won enough. Sure if you wanna learn just make a donation and sit in on lectures & tutes but fuck exams and assignments

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't see why anyone would bother finishing uni if they won enough. Sure if you wanna learn just make a donation and sit in on lectures & tutes but fuck exams and assignments
To better ones self, if i had the cash i would do as many degrees as i was interested in and work in a field of my interest, do you have any idea how boring it would be to not do anything? i would rather learn and discover, then squander and lounge around all day.

J

JaRedy

Sounds to me like you dont go to uni.

If I diddn't have a profession or study or work to occupy myself I would probably go insane from boredom. EVEN if I had millions of dollars in my pocket.

I wonder how many people are going to buy a lottery ticket after this thread
Haha, I don't think it works like that :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JaRedy

How does it work? Money falls into our laps?
I wish! Nah what I meant was personally I find people dont spontainously buy tickets caused by suggestive media, e.g. this thread. I generally find people either buy tickets, or they just dont. And they dont change.

It really was just a light hearted comment...

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
I wish! Nah what I meant was personally I find people dont spontainously buy tickets caused by suggestive media, e.g. this thread. I generally find people either buy tickets, or they just dont. And they dont change.

It really was just a light hearted comment...

Hehe I didn't take it any other way other than light hearted, just wanted to see what you meant.

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Build apartments, live off the rent.

Then figure out what I actually want to do with my life, rather than the best compromise between enjoyment and employment

hazza6542

Eats Squid
5% - Car. E28 BMW 5 series. Spend big moneys make ultimate sleeper.
94.9% - Petrol.

0.1% - Shuttle bitch hilux.

And anything left over from the 100% would be silver deemax set, respray my Sunday the same but with tiny differences (it's a team x, the silver would just be polished and the rear triangle decals would actually be matching colours..), wc boxxers, vivid air, and that'd be it. I like my cracked seat and shitty pedals and bent to shit rotors, dh bikes that don't have broken bits are just wrong.
I like my house, I don't need a new one. Nor would I buy a boat. The idea of purposefully stranding myself away from land with limited supplies still confuses me as to why it's fancy. I wouldn't get that model girlfriend, just a years subscription to the magazine. I'd buy my neighbours house so they leave actually. A turbo busa, because why the fuck not, some good cheese, and a supercharged range rover with some "save the environment" stickers on it, and a shark with fricken laserbeams on it's fricken head.

yeah that'd do.

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
A big property, build a lake, build a lake house.
Buy a nice wakeboarding boat for myself and my brother and a nice ski boat for my dad.
Pure glass all day with no one else on my lake.
And the usual 100 pack of professionally sculpted jumps made with imported clay from some foreign country that specializes in the making of fine dirts. And if that doesnt exist, make one!
(with the assumption the winnings are VERY large)

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Buy a fkn massive house on a canal lot $5mill
Aston Martin v12
Ducati course 1198s or what ever the 60,000k one is
super yacht $12 mill more or less,
plenty of bikes, snowboards, clothes ect ect.
Swedish super model:p
Sorry to disappoint you but the cheapest super yachts will be around $30 mil, you might have to go without a swedish super model :p

Shredden

Knows his goats
Assuming a win of ~20 million...

• 150 acres of steep rainforest, somewhere where it is ~ 25 degrees and often rainy - $1,500,000
  • Building DH tracks, chairlift, sick dirt jumps, motocross track, trophy truck tracks, big air bag on land (basically make it a mecca for awesome shit) - $1,500,000
  • Nice house on land - $400,000
  • Trophy Truck - $400,000
  • 2006 Subaru WRX STi - $80,000
  • Toyota Hilux Dual Cab 3.0d - $20,000
  • SC V10 Carbon, Jackal, Blur XC Carbon, and Nomad Carbon (all with fox suspension, X0, chromag etc) - $40,000
  • KTM 250SX worked - $20,000
  • Apple everything (phone, laptop, TV, ipod) - $10,000
  • Buy a MTB company that has gone broke (ironhorse, raceface) - $2,000,000
  • Employ people to maintain my tracks @ $50,000 a year
  • Set up Mum and Dad for life with $1,000,000
  • Set up grandparents with $250,000
Live off the returns from investing the rest/the earnings from my MTB company.