Ignition MTB festival who's going

kip01

Likes Dirt
Looking at buying tickets for ignition Haven't been to falls before is it worth going? Are the trails anygood ?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
It's ace up there, trails are bang on for my skill level (shit, but I watch a lot of rad videos) and there's plenty of them to change it around over the weekend. Saturday the trails are chockas most of the day, you'll still get some good runs but you might have to do a little waiting. Sunday is ace because 1/2 the idiots have hangovers from the party and the other 1/2 leave early, so the trails are close to empty by the arvo. I don't think I waited more that 5-10min for a shuttle either, they're running hot all weekend.

...but I can't go this year

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
...bang on for my skill level (shit, but I watch a lot of rad videos)...
Stealing this! Describes my abilities perfectly. :D:D:D

I should be there this year. Been to Falls before but not the Ignition festival so hopefully should be good.

PS: Trails are good, yes. I love Flowtown because I love the faster/better groomed stuff, but there's a bit more choppy/challenging stuff up the higher bit of the hill too.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I love Flowtown because I love the faster/better groomed stuff, but there's a bit more choppy/challenging stuff up the higher bit of the hill too.
Those fast rollers down the bottom are amazing, wind up bottoming out out my suspension more than I would on most jumps.

Definitely ride flowtown more than the others, it's easy to be quick on it and the trailhead is right next to the village. Doesn't mean the others aren't good, but it suits the short attention span to a tee

"Thunderflow" is a wicked ride. Start at the top and do thunderbolt. Then head left along the aquaduct trail to wishing well. Then head right to flowtown. Starts steep and techy and ends fast and flowy. I think I do it in 23-24min and I can barely let go of the bars by the end of it due to arm pump

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'll have to check it out, I think Thunderbolt and Big Fella are the only two (descent) trails I haven't ridden up there, and probably the two I'm most keen to check out.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
The Ignition weekend is awesome, just a great vibe. I'll hopefully be up there again this year.

Thunderbolt and Big Fella are fun runs, there's a few blues that start up high that are worth a run as well like Generator, Vortex and Eagle Rock. Even Turbine, into Lakeview is some nice mostly downward single trail too. Good to mix it up!

Egghead Scruff

Cannon Fodder
Can’t believe you didn’t mention Flowtown wkkie. Will be my fourth ignition - this weekend was my first shuttle experience. It’s a “must do “ for me. I just love the vibe of the whole weekend.

wkkie

Can’t believe you didn’t mention Flowtown wkkie. Will be my fourth ignition - this weekend was my first shuttle experience. It’s a “must do “ for me. I just love the vibe of the whole weekend.
I was just mentioning the other trails from the summit way.

Of course Flowtown is a must! You can't go to Falls and not ride Flowtown!

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I’ve attended Ignition the last few years and really enjoy the vibe though won’t be attending this year as I’m getting bored due to the dearth of trails. Thunderbolt and flow town are really fun though I much prefer trails like WC downhill and Elevation at Bright. Ive heard Falls is looking to open more stuff soon and until then I’ll likely stick to Bright:(

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I’ve attended Ignition the last few years and really enjoy the vibe though won’t be attending this year as I’m getting bored due to the dearth of trails. Thunderbolt and flow town are really fun though I much prefer trails like WC downhill and Elevation at Bright. Ive heard Falls is looking to open more stuff soon and until then I’ll likely stick to Bright:(
as long as you're not shuttling yourself at bright right?

wkkie

From November it will be. They're charging for self shuttles, $132 per day peak time and $77 non peak, whenever those are...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'll be at falls with a big crew, we will have hangovers but are hard enough to ride anyway..
Madness, bugger hangovers!

So many enjoy the Saturday night a bit too much and end up Sunday morning sitting at the fire pits, sucking down bacon and egg burgers in an attempt to soak up the nights festivities. Leaves the trails almost clear for energetic fuckers like me, Sunday is the best

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From November it will be. They're charging for self shuttles, $132 per day peak time and $77 non peak, whenever those are...
Sounds like his kind of self shuttling is riding up, so he's fine.

I've never shuttled at Bright, the climbing trails are really nice so I just spend the day exploring after riding to the top of Hero a couple of times. Haven't gone back since Shred Kelly though so I'm due for a trip.

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Just recently moved close to Falls Creek (Wodonga) and have made a couple of trips to Falls before winter came. Super keen to hit up Ignition Fest, try out this whole shuttle thing. Maybe even get a season pass!! Flowtown is a top ten in Australia for sure, higher up the hill varies from placid to chopped out. But all good for an adventure on the bike.