I'll never be half as good as I think I am.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Hi all, my names Greg and I'm pretty new to "proper" MTB riding but been riding for years, mostly on roads though. Rode on dirt a lot when I was a kid on BMX's and and crappy old dragsters and figured this mountain biking stuff can't be to hard. If I could ride like the wind in my teens and twenties with the wisdom of age why shouldn't I be able to do the same now I'm getting closer to 50 than 40.
Someone forgot to tell me I'm not as fit as I was and that being good back then doesn't even equate to being average now. I guess being unfit and crap just gives me reason to spend more time on a bike getting better though.

You probably won't see me posting much because I know how to use a search function and it seems that there are more answers on this forum than questions and not a lot that hasn't been covered.

See you out there, Greg

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Welcome mate! Some of the older guys here can out-shred my sorry butt any day, so don't talk yourself down too much.

You probably won't see me posting much because I know how to use a search function and it seems that there are more answers on this forum than questions and not a lot that hasn't been covered.
There is also a lot of wiggle room for general banter. in fact all threads descent to this eventually anyhow :p

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
You'll never be as good as I think I am either Greg but in reality, you're probably better than I actually am.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You have to start somewhere, I thought I was great too. Normally descend faster than anyone in my riding group. I came across a young bloke that was hurt badly on a trail from a front wheel wash out, I stoped to help him out and didn't think anything of it other than he most likely was a newb. Later on that night I checked my strava trail runs, my position was around the 250th mark, decided to do a compare with the 10th position holder, low and behold it was that dam young kid.

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Post counts implies Greg rides a lot more than we do...
Peopel actually ride their bikes here? But, but they will get dirty. I thought this place was about buying stuff, building bikes, taking pictures of it, posting the pictures, stripping parts, selling parts, rinse and repeat. Do people actually ride here?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Peopel actually ride their bikes here? But, but they will get dirty. I thought this place was about buying stuff, building bikes, taking pictures of it, posting the pictures, stripping parts, selling parts, rinse and repeat. Do people actually ride here?
I prefer not to. Who has time for maintenance?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Thank you for the welcome.
These days I think I spend more time annoying Mrs Freediver talking about bikes than I do riding.