Illawarra Ride Organisation Thread!

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all.

This thread is every thing to do with rideing in the illawarra, Were everyone gathers and large ride days/sessions are organised. Sooo get in there, start typeing and get invloved, all is welcome. [ PS if your located out of the illawarra, dont let that discourage you, for if you able to trek the distance or if you have a few mates that occasionally hit the highway down into the illawarra to carve it up... then "hey" your all more than welcome.

Any way.. get on your bike and get invloved.

Cheers Matt
:cool:

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I'm a Mt keira regular on most days year round so shoot us a PM and would be glad to go with ya. Maybe even go to Thirroull or Kembla. What ever suits you as I'm free all of the first week and the majority of he second.

Shoot us a PM if interested!

Cheers,
Ty. ;)

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Yo. Alsome no worries if i am hitting keria then i will throw a pm your way and we will go from there.

Thanks for the invite.
Kind Regards Matt
:)

motox199

Likes Dirt
I'm busy in the first week of the holiday's but i'm up for it in the second week and some of my mates are probably keen to head up aswell. let us know when your thinking of going up.

wollongDHrider

Likes Dirt
im keen and available all holidays, i am pretty keen to go to mt kembla, but i only know of 2 trails there. just pm me an i will let you know if i can come

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Nurrrries ( no worrys) my mates plus myself are all planning on heading up to keria, bally, thirrouk, bulli you name it. al through out the holidays. I will throw a coment in what day and time me any my mates will be doing these runs.

Laterz

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all, me and my mates are in need for a ride like soon, we want to go today,
we will probly sort something out between us, however to give a bit of future notice, does anyone want to or is anyone planning a ride soon, any where around the illawarra. If so throw a comment in and we will do our best to join.

NEED TO RIDE- HELP:D

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Yo going to mt keria all at 12. ish

Hope to see some one there lol

Laterz all sorry about the late notice:)

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all.
Had a ride at keria today as stated, went well ( the ride itself) except it was like grease, kinda fun. However, my mate Zac ( mayo4u) got hit by a car riding down mt keria road at 60km/h. He is alright, hes in hospital, a bit of damage but fuk he is soo lucky, all the best for him and i hope he gets better soon.

Not to discourage people but if you ride with me you wont die...
Anyway

i think a few of us might be going to keria like on wed, thursday friday sat n sun HA.
But i will have to see, the only trouble is getting there and getting enough use from the tracks ( shuttles) my mates are pretty much in the same boat, however we would be happy to throw some petrol money in.

otherwise i will keep you's updated, also keep me updated.

Thank you
Kind Regards Matt

Plow King

Little bit.
Hey all.
Had a ride at keria today as stated, went well ( the ride itself) except it was like grease, kinda fun. However, my mate Zac ( mayo4u) got hit by a car riding down mt keria road at 60km/h. He is alright, hes in hospital, a bit of damage but fuk he is soo lucky, all the best for him and i hope he gets better soon.

Anyway

i think a few of us might be going to keria like on wed, thursday friday sat n sun HA.
But i will have to see, the only trouble is getting there and getting enough use from the tracks ( shuttles) my mates are pretty much in the same boat, however we would be happy to throw some petrol money in.

Thank you
Kind Regards Matt

I wonder if it'll still be as slick as it was today. Probably better to ride a different track like the one at luorriht

P.s Hope mayo gets better soon.

drewie162

Likes Dirt
Hey all.
H, my mate Zac ( mayo4u) got hit by a car riding down mt keria road at 60km/h. He is alright, hes in hospital, a bit of damage but fuk he is soo lucky, all the best for him and i hope he gets better soon.

Zac if you read this unlucky mate, I hope you get better soon.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Hey all.

Anyway

Thank you
Kind Regards Matt
Fark!! That is so unlucky for Mayo!! :eek: So that's why he has n't been on msn today!! :p Did he get any major injuries?? Far out! I better go visit him tomorrow!! :(

Oh and I'm keen for a ride when it dries up as Holy 1 is built on a waterway! :p

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i hope mayo gets better did his bike get trashed or is it still in one peice

sooo unlucky to get hit by a car gosh was the driver distracted or what?

i hope he gets better soon

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just to add on to what matt d8 said he has a broken collar bone from what i have gathered.

My msn name has get well mayo in it and has been since 4ish

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shit Mayo! Hope your alright mate. Did anyone see it happen? If so what happened? Did the driver loose concentration or did Mayo swerve on the road to get a good run into the first track? Anyway hope you get better soon mate.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all

Its great that every one is so considerate and caring.

for every one that is asking about the crash, "what happening" " how had are his injurys" \ i will give every one an update.

We left the T intersection at the bottom of the lookout road and onto mt keria road to fly back down. Any way we gave way to a 4x4 towing a caravan, after that we headed down the road, due to the relativley large vechile ahead we caught it through the corners, anyway i was upfront and i ended up slowing right back down and ended up on the back of the caravan, mayo was behind me and he was carrying momentum so he decided to overtake the 4x4/caravan around the corner. Anyway he went for it, as soon as i saw this being attempted i yelled out "NO!" i quickly looked ahead and saw a car turning the corner, i yelled out again " STOP!", mayo looked up and locked the rear end up, causing the bike to severly fish tail every wear, when the bike was out on a fair angle it "sling shoted" (caught traction) and threw the bike in the other direction, at this point mayo left the bike and was thrown straight into the front of the car, shoulder first, the noise was scary on its own let alone the crash itself, mayos bike went between the guard rail and the car ( it was fine, not a single mark on it, the rear deralier is fair dead but thats it)and wilst that happened mayo was smashed of the car and into and over the guard rail. This all happened at like 60km/h.

It happened so fast, i dont remember getting of the bike i just found myself right next to him asking if he was alright, he was totally out of it ( obviously in shock) he couldnt talk. I took my jersey of and put it on top of him to keep him warm and supported his neck wilst keeping him imobile (still) for it was over the edge of a large hill (slope of the escarpnment) to prevent any further back or neck damage if there was any (which there wasent) lucky!

any way the lady that hit him was very distressed ( screaming), so i rang the ambulance and his mother and it all went from there, they came and did there thing and took him to wollongong hospital were they probed him jks ha- xrayed him etc and he should be home by tonight if all goes well.
HES A TUFF BLOKE.
Anyway all the best mayo, your very lucky i hope it all heals soon, so you can get back on your bike, dont let this discourage you.

Also this is a lesson to every one else, STICK TO THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD!

Any way
Kind Regards to all

Last edited:

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im probably goin to visit him tomorro at home or at the hospital.:(

Also im up for a ride when ever.