Illawarra Ride Organisation Thread!

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Hey can someone give me instructions on how to get to the gong from sydney (we are catching train, so just say what station and from there would be awesome) Im searching around at the moment for a thread a while back that had the instructions so if you have the link that would be good as well thanks Ben
Gday be, my name is ben also. Im a driver, I work for cityrail. Jump on a train at chatswood, heading to central, then change to the country platforms and jump on a southcoast train. They usually depart from platforms 14, or 4. Depending when you travel there is track work on at the moment. You may have to change at waterfall for a bus. Just call 131500 or go to www.131500.info I believe it is. There is a trip planner there, but I don't think it is up to date with the track work. So ur best bet is call 131500 and choose option two.

Should take about an hour and 40 mins from central if its an express...

McPete

Likes Dirt
How far are we from seeing the mighty BMW out on the tracks? It might just be the inspiration I need to stop being such a damn Røadie.

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
How far are we from seeing the mighty BMW out on the tracks? It might just be the inspiration I need to stop being such a damn Røadie.
I was up at bally less than a week ago but didn't do much riding at all. Ill find out tommorow if I have the weekend off. Keen to do a few runs as I will have the harder spring hopefully if the postman doesn't screw me over. Keen to give bulli another shot soon

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Come to think of it, I wanna learn to jump, and do some hucks.....there's nowhere in wollongong tho...this place is shit

McPete

Likes Dirt
Come to think of it, I wanna learn to jump, and do some hucks.....there's nowhere in wollongong tho...this place is shit
Jumping? There are a few jump pits around, but none that you'd want to tackle as a novice. They're all pretty big, which is a large part of the reason my jumping skills leave much to be desired.
There's a nice set out at Tahmoor, council maintained, starting small and working up, but that's a bit of a drive. I'd love to hit them up though.

jmeers

Likes Dirt
will be out at bulli & thirroul for on sunday i with some mates if anyones up for a ride - new toy to ride this wend

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
What's the go, eh?

Well,
I don't know what to make of this email sent around yesterday evening. Maybe here would be a good place to post up news of the track and the "Ranger's" activities. Makes no mention of whether it is NPWS rangers, council rangers, mighty morphine power rangers or what-have-you. If you see something, let us all know, please. I also wonder what monitoring means?

"There has been rangers on the track at Tarrawanna taking down most of the jumps, They are going to be taking down all the built structures. Apparently some one has complained about what is happening, they are now monitoring the area."

zanus

Likes Dirt
Well,
I don't know what to make of this email sent around yesterday evening. Maybe here would be a good place to post up news of the track and the "Ranger's" activities. Makes no mention of whether it is NPWS rangers, council rangers, mighty morphine power rangers or what-have-you. If you see something, let us all know, please. I also wonder what monitoring means?

"There has been rangers on the track at Tarrawanna taking down most of the jumps, They are going to be taking down all the built structures. Apparently some one has complained about what is happening, they are now monitoring the area."
i dont know what is happening, but, i have see that a few of the jumps and our beloved wooden berm have been wrecked.
I would like to know what is happening.
Can someone PM me?

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Hey Mayo,
Come up Redsands tomorrow. The "tabletop" is much bigger, now 5m ramp to ramp, plus a wicked new step-up step-down built by the jump crew (me and Bishi are the only ones to hit it yet). It's wicked fun.

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Fark the PM's.....let everyone know what's going on....

Honestly...isn't the wollongong mtb club doing anything to secure land?

I thought about joining, but they don't seem to be helping much in the area.....useless...

4xkid87

Squid
Fark the PM's.....let everyone know what's going on....

Honestly...isn't the wollongong mtb club doing anything to secure land?

I thought about joining, but they don't seem to be helping much in the area.....useless...
What we need to be doing is joining and getting our voices heard, so far the skin suit bandits running the club have got there set little riding area and they are sweet, we need people on the inside hahahah... bring them up to our level.

4xkid87

Squid
apart from that, is there anyone up in the highlands area or nearby? I and a few others have been hard at work building some nice single track and what not and itd be good to have a few people to ride it with more regularly. anyway let me know if your keen to check it out

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
What we need to be doing is joining and getting our voices heard, so far the skin suit bandits running the club have got there set little riding area and they are sweet, we need people on the inside hahahah... bring them up to our level.
I say fark the club all together. They are friggin useless!

I don't see why we can't put our heads together and try and get things rolling. I mean we can't do any worse than them. Im gunna go see the council tommorow morning and see what we can do. And right about now is a good time. You can apply for government grants for sports and rec....like skateparks and shit.

Ill let ya all know how I go...

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
whats the damage on the track at bally?

are the dirt berms destroyed? or just the wooden structures?

fuk

pinnin

Likes Dirt
Tomorrow?

Hey guys,
i dont really know anyone on here but im thinkin of headin up to thirroul tomorrow afternoon, probably around 3 after uni.

And Gruntled sounds like there are a few additions/modifications to the track?
Any details??