Improving my confidence..

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Hey @Mitten, nothing to really add to the awesome advice already provided. I notice your profile says you’re in Blackwood SA. If so, hit up the Bicycle Express FB page or call their city store, as they have a group ride on Saturday mornings with a qualified mtb coach - Chris Dimbill, think he’s an ex national DH champ. Sounds like some coaching is going to do you a lot of good.

https://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/pages/mtb-rides

@The Reverend makes a good point about confidence being a variable. If you’re tired, or unfit, or just not “feeling it”, there’s no shame in taking the B lines. Better to complete the ride you set out on rather than crash and hurt yourself, or worse still, damage your bike.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think everyone has covered the important bits, but just to add it might be worth heading out on your own and just session an easier part of the rock garden to get a feel of how the bike will respond. Once comfortable and you have more confidence step up the difficulty and repeat. Build up slowly.
As for cornering, this is probably the best video going around. And I can tell you this method works really well..