In MY Day...

lil'stany

Likes Bikes
I swear, I'm just a little tacka, but kids are most definatley starting to make me feel OLD.

In my day, being called Champ/Tiger etc was a BAD thing...not anymore it seems (at least at melbourne uni lately...)

And beer only cost $2 a pot ALL THE TIME. What happened there????

Floppy disks were FLOPPY (just kidding. But I do remember those days clearly...)

A memory stick was a piece of wood you hit yourself in the head with until you remembered things.

feel free to add some entertaining "in your day" moments

rant/ done :)

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sometimes i feel old, and im in my mid teens! someone please explain that to me.......
I just love it when we start talking about the days when backstreet boys were on tapes, or how we used to watch aggros cartoon connection or feral tv and the kids of today look at you strangely though.
One thing ive noticed though, is all the things we as kids had making a comeback, for example Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.....am i the only one to notice this?
(i work as a babysitter, and spend far too much time playing with childrens toys. Any fathers out there will probably understand what im on about while the rest of you will look at me strangely.)

lil'stany

Likes Bikes
The stuff you mention pre-dates you if you are in mid teens doesn't it?? My brother was into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when he was younger, and he is 26!

But I get where you're coming from :) ahhh tapes. I've seen a video where the guy was saying "We predict that one day, tapes will be able to hold unimaginable amounts of data. Megabytes even!" he he.

he was close...

Rik

logged out
I was going to browse past this thread, until I saw a word mentioned in another thread:
Grunge.
Holy crap, does anyone remember that? Nirvana shirts everywhere, long messy hair everywhere, flannellette shirts everywhere...
Do these albums sound familiar? Nevermind, Dookie, Frogstomp, One Hot Minute and Vitalogy... all released 10 years ago :eek:

So much for the days of playing with Lego and Technics (although I probably still would play with them if the kits weren't so dumbed down nowadays)
Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet ruled the airwaves. Turtle and Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego were games we looked forward to playing at school. Dialup modems were used to log in to Yahoo via Netscape Navigator. Wow, it's all a blur...

Oh, and if you want a laugh, have a look at the ARIA '95 top 50 singles chart. Scatman, Rednex, Hocus Pocus, oh dear, what a year :D

villy

Likes Dirt
Rexy said:
I just love it when we start talking about the days when backstreet boys were on tapes, or how we used to watch aggros cartoon connection or feral tv and the kids of today look at you strangely though.
I remeber those days. The cat from feral tv (moggy i think it's called) Is in that new creature features show.

-DAvo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone remember samurai pizza cats? oh and lets not forget he-man!! lol

i remember when:
bullet bro zzyzx forks were the SHIT for dh

marzocchi came out with their first bomber fork (orange z1, 4inches travel.. i have a set sitting at home too :) )

riding my first dually was a GaryFisher Joshua X or Y, (the green one with rockshox quadra21) i thought it was the bomb!! :p

riding some local dh trails in perth on my 21inch (yes thats right 21inch) steel (not cromo), rigid, giant boulder! with those plastic cantilever brakes! woot!

oh and i do remember when floppy discs were floppy!! i have heaps of them sitting in my garage! good ol moon bugs and buck rogers! yeeeha! :p

.......man i feel old now :(

cheese

Likes Dirt
Rik said:
Oh, and if you want a laugh, have a look at the ARIA '95 top 50 singles chart. Scatman, Rednex, Hocus Pocus, oh dear, what a year :D
You want a real laugh.

I have a smash hits 94 album on my computer.:rolleyes: Tracks include:
Right in the night - Jam and spoon
The rhythm of the night - corona
Doop - doop
Hip hop holiday - 3 the hard way
The Weight - Jimmy barnes and the Badloves

Damn this music sucks.

tu plang

knob
Rik said:
I was going to browse past this thread, until I saw a word mentioned in another thread:
Grunge.
Holy crap, does anyone remember that? Nirvana shirts everywhere, long messy hair everywhere, flannellette shirts everywhere...
Do these albums sound familiar? Nevermind, Dookie, Frogstomp, One Hot Minute and Vitalogy... all released 10 years ago :eek:

So much for the days of playing with Lego and Technics (although I probably still would play with them if the kits weren't so dumbed down nowadays)
Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet ruled the airwaves. Turtle and Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego were games we looked forward to playing at school. Dialup modems were used to log in to Yahoo via Netscape Navigator. Wow, it's all a blur...

oh boy, was i a technics kid, i still love the stuff :eek: . god, i own carmen sandiego, but lets not forget prince of persia 1 and 2, castle of dr. brain was a bit of a classic then too.

i was a bit young at the time of one hot minute but i remember my sister going to the concert and boy its a great album - same goes for vitalogy.

wwwooooo samarai pizza cats was awesome! damn that show was good.

Caine

Likes Dirt
-DAvo said:
anyone remember samurai pizza cats?
Omg that was like my all time Fav show!! i still remember the theam!!

"Samurai Pizza cats allways on the run!! samurai pizza cats allways having fun!"

>>insomniac<<

Likes Bikes
i have a bunch of those old FLOPPY floppy discs aswell, and an old computer that you have to opent the case with a key and it has a turbo button :p

i found an old tape the other day, of that agro show with ninja turtles and scooby doo on it!!!! my little brothers who are 7 and 11 watched for days!!

rone

Eats Squid
Floppy discs? You young 'uns don't know you're born. Back in my day we used to use tapes. You played them to your 16k Acorn Electron for 20 minutes whilst they made an oooooooeeeeeeeeeoooooooeeeeeeeee screeching noise and then frogger worked for 3 minutes before crapping out and having to be reloaded. Ah, the memories.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Captain Planet, he's a hero! No way was i too young!
I can also remember in about 1995, sitting on my dads Mac, which had hitech programs such as "paint" on it. I spent hours playing frogger and burnout on that thing :)
Ahhh i dont think theres anyone out there not glad the music of the mid-late 90s is gone: Hanson, Savage Garden, Backstreet Boys *shudders*, just to really rub it in SPICE GIRLS!

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
LEGO....my girlfriend wants me to sell/throw out my (literally) $1500 of lego and technic. BAH i say. NEVER. i'll be long dead before she prys out the last 4 x 2 stud flat peice out my hand!

Where in the world WAS carmen san diego? i never finished that game. the only games a i played right through were the ORIGNIAL monkey island and the ensuing series (by the by, i own all 5 and have clocked them all on the hardest setting), search for Cetus and a game about saving the rainforest, another point and click adventure.

The best part about "those days" was when you stub your toe you wouldnt give a shit and keep paying the in the forrest or drain water catchment dam. not like these days, damn cotton wool kids.

so nostalgic...ahhhhh

ASH

edit- and to any perth guys out there....who remembers when birthdays at Rolloerways were the shit, and the maccas on leach Hwy had a train carrigae for b'days partys...hoo boy, those WERE the days.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
cheese said:
You want a real laugh.

I have a smash hits 94 album on my computer.:rolleyes: Tracks include:
Right in the night - Jam and spoon
The rhythm of the night - corona
Doop - doop
Hip hop holiday - 3 the hard way
The Weight - Jimmy barnes and the Badloves

Damn this music sucks.
Pffft.

My first "record" was Hit Wave '81 with REO Speedwagon!

Mmmm, vinyl.....is that how you spell it?

-DAvo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bonnet said:
Where in the world WAS carmen san diego? i never finished that game. the only games a i played right through were the ORIGNIAL monkey island and the ensuing series (by the by, i own all 5 and have clocked them all on the hardest setting), search for Cetus and a game about saving the rainforest, another point and click adventure.

omg i loved that game!! althou i stopped playing after monkey island 2 or something... that was such a good game... anyone remember DOT? Day Of The Tentacle?? that was a classic! as was leasuire suit larry ;)

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My first album was Human League - Dare. Came out around 1980 I think.....and I was 14 years old. haha. Luckily I came to my senses and got into Devo and XTC shortly after.

Computer studies at high school involved creating programs from punch cards. PCs weren't invented yet !

Bikes....you couldn't buy a BMX in Aus until the late 70's , we used to ride our dragsters down fire trails and singletrack. Singlespeed ....yeaaahh !

No matter what era you grew up in , those were the good old days. Hence my sig.