In search of DJ's

FMS

Likes Bikes
Looks like no-one ever uses this but it's worth a shot anyway.

Just wondering if anyone from Perth knows of or would be interested in getting a crew together to ride/build some trails.
I've heard of the Thornlie Tafe jumps but never been there with anyone as i'm a newbie to Perth :s
Would be cool to hear of anything going on with a 4x also

Cheers

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
Hello mate,

There was a very short 4X series last year. From memory it was only two races or so. The Goat Farm has a 4X track and there's talk or starting up a pirate race calendar there. There's a fair few DJ spots around Perth, check out the WA MTB Guide book that scratchy wrote and most of them are listed.

FMS

Likes Bikes
Oh yeah cool, I'll have to order that book. Hopefully it starts up never tried 4x but wouldn't mind giving it a go if there was a bit of interest in it

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There used to be some jumps next to the Gt Eastern Hwy Bypass road. Back in the day they were quite fun and fairly easy to get to/quite central.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thornlie tafe jumps are running really well atm. My mate shaun(south african) has been out their riding and digging, he rides a new specialized P26.

Also darlington DJ's are running fairly well atm. Jst look up Darlington on google map and find the big oval, they are next to that.

As for 4x, the goaty track is the worlds worse 4X track. It is fucking dismal. Dont even bother it will make you hate 4x. I did afew races there and they all sucked. the only other 4x track is out at pingelly and seeing as we (PDMBC) dont run any 4x races anymore, you probrably wont ever ride it.

Join peel district mountain bike club on FB. Plenty of action on it and you will actually get replies as apposed to rotorburn watering hole lol.

Tony

FMS

Likes Bikes
Cheers for the info, last time i went to darlington they were quite run down but rideable. It's good someones taken the time and effort to build them back up.
Pretty keen to hit up Thornlie on my r&r hopefully still good :D

Josh