Increase in Dickhead behaviour?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So many entitled groms who never had to fight for trail access and have just come on the scene since land managers started funding trails.
rAdelaide has seen a massive idiot increase lately !

Since the boom of trails being built in the hills, kids shuttle up to Belair and then hit the DH tracks.

They are rude to people on the trains, rude and threatening to rail staff and quite a few don't even buy tickets.
Stack their bikes at HJ's at Mitcham where the meth heads from all over the city travel to grab an easy 5k bike.

Come out with a frozen coke with bursties in it, these are then shot out of the straw like a pea-shooter all over the train and station, on seats and in old folks hair.
My boys regularly inform me of shit behaviour on the train and station, including last week during school hols where one lit a fire under a plastic seat at Mitcham train station while waiting for the train, moved away, got on the train and the ticket conductor got off the train to put it out.

Every week on the local FB pages, there's reports of bad behaviour on the roads by groups of 10-20, manuals and swerving all over the road, jumping off verges, swearing and abusing motorists.

If it continues, they will ban shuttles on the train... and that will stuff the little shits up as most of them wont ride up, only down.

@Coopz and @Ackland definitely SA has seen a lot of this in the last few years, the sport has gone through the roof here but the attitude of these younger blokes is sickening.
They will certainly grab a shovel to modify a trail to their liking or build something illegal... too selfish to spend time maintaining them though.

Burstie fight on the train anyone ?

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it continues, they will ban shuttles on the train... and that will stuff the little shits up as most of them wont ride up, only down.
View attachment 365393
That would be a crying shame, Adelaide seems to have a great scene and the train shuttle is awesome, I'm sure it's even better if you are a local and you know where you are going! One of the coolest things is dirt jumps more or less in the CBD !

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I haven't come across too many "Dickheads" on the trails in Tassie. I do notice short cutting of switchbacks, which is a pet peeve of mine and the odd bunch of kids pushing up a dh trail so their mate down the trail can get the "sic edit"lol.
Unfortunately with any increase of a group the increase of the amount of dickheads and they unfortunately taint the rest of the group.
Not sure what you can do about it. Maybe education, calling out the behaviour, and leading by example.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I've got to get up to Stromlo with some tools and mates one day not to ride but to shut down some of these lines that are literally popping up everywhere. There's now a massive cut line on Little Seymour near the bottom, it just popped up since I last rode it.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I've got to get up to Stromlo with some tools and mates one day not to ride but to shut down some of these lines that are literally popping up everywhere. There's now a massive cut line on Little Seymour near the bottom, it just popped up since I last rode it.
That’s an odd spot for a cut line.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
same thing happened in macedon, also some dick let the word out about the trails & every tom, dick & Jpez from west melbourne appeared, with their enduro-bro 4wd shuttling bucket of kfc eating fat pr$#%ks. destroyed the trails for us rigid SS’ers, i can’t get my 70deg Ha bikes down the trails anymore due to ruts
Might be time to get yourself a mountain bike?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
i got yelled and abused at by a lycra clad cx rider for having my well behaved trail dog running on a single track in front of me. Told him to just go away and shut up, then called me names.

he's not mtber, but never have i been called names and sweared at for having my dog in front me running. If anything people normally went crazy over him for being so fit and cute.

covid does weird shit to people's brain... turn dickheads into well worse dickheads.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i got yelled and abused at by a lycra clad cx rider for having my well behaved trail dog running on a single track in front of me. Told him to just go away and shut up, then called me names.

he's not mtber, but never have i been called names and sweared at for having my dog in front me running. If anything people normally went crazy over him for being so fit and cute.

covid does weird shit to people's brain... turn dickheads into well worse dickheads.
Trail dogs are the best! Punch that cx rider in the dick for me

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

D01

Likes Dirt
Possibly related, but lately I've been toying with the idea of getting a motorbike again, it's been over ten years since I last had a bike.
I went for a test ride last week for a few hours, and was surprised at how many nods I didn't get returned, and not just from the usual Harley and scooter riders.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

CX Riders... Karens in disguise ;)