Indoor MTB Park - A survey that needs your input.

my_bike

Likes Dirt
I see your point Pump House (PH), Factories don't come cheap and of that size you won't be having much Public Transport around. I was concerned on the location of where you might be building the indoor park and it's seeming you will be looking to the far Eastern side of the city. I would be interested but located in the Western suburbs it's not easy to get around especialy without E-tag. I would go but with Rampfest closer it will be visited with the completion of year 12 more regualy.

Main concern is what will be in the park (yes I know it's early to ask), will there be Dirt Jumps?

Blythy

Likes Dirt
Look on: commercialrealestate.com.au

theres heaps of 500+ up to 7000 square metre warehoures in and around melbourne for sale that are reasnobly priced too...

Pump House

Likes Bikes
Look on: commercialrealestate.com.au

theres heaps of 500+ up to 7000 square metre warehoures in and around melbourne for sale that are reasnobly priced too...
We won't be looking to buy, just lease... and your opinion of reasonably priced may vary greatly to ours. We have been looking for a while now, we know what's around, we know what we can get in what areas and for how much. We just need to assess where the compromise between size, location and price lies.

my_bike said:
I would be interested but located in the Western suburbs it's not easy to get around especialy without E-tag. I would go but with Rampfest closer it will be visited with the completion of year 12 more regualy.

Main concern is what will be in the park (yes I know it's early to ask), will there be Dirt Jumps?
Dirt jumps are a must, they would be the biggest draw card based on the results of the survey so far... We'd be mad to leave them out. I'd be hoping to have multiple line options and some big 6 pack lines. :D

Deciding on a location is still a long way off, there are a lot of really big and relatively inexpensive warehouse buildings over near Sunshine, but most are too far away from public transport to be practical.

Your fears about the east side may be warranted, the vast majority of people who have filled out the survey are on the east side, but we still need to take into account, how far people have said they are willing to travel to come to the park. I'd love to have the park over our (west) side, especially as I will have to go there every day, you guys will just pop by every now and then.

Don't burn us based on location before we've even started... We have a lot of planning still to do, this won't be happening in the next few months.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as pump house mentioned replacing outdoor riding is not the focus, ie just like ramp fest, if i cant get to windsor dj (that i have spent countless hours rebuilding along with a hand full of others), and really want to do some jumps, rampfest is there to save the day, pump house will have the same feeling + having all the above styles of riding, it makes it, so much fun.

FOR EXAMPLE; ive just turned up to the proclaimed venue for a ride (weather not an issue) and want to get stuck into some DJ, i tire my self out have a drink and maybe something to eat from the cafe there (hint hint PH), and just want to have a bit of a flowy roll around. i know ill hit the pump track, or the street/park section or maybe even some fast big 4X, then you know what i wanna get the dually of the back of the ute and hit some rock roll overs some big drops and maybe even some ramps...now i just spent my entire day doing all the styles i love with out having to travel an hour or more or coming back home another hour or more to swap bikes and go to the next spot....following me

as some weekends time and travel are an issue and we all dont get to hit the same dh tracks as one person has to work in the evening, but they could come to the indoor MTB park as its much closer, AND GET THEIR FIX

p.s that rant was not intended to step on anyones toes, just that i fully support the idea and give it 100%

Last edited:

andrewG

Likes Dirt
That sounds like a rad idea! I would defs travel down there just for a spin.
Haha I laughed about all 13 yr olds using text language.. it's pretty true..

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah eastern subs seem to be the G.O + there is alot more public transport that side of town, at the sacrofice of higher property price i would asume, over the west, ie altona etc

Ride Konaz

Likes Dirt
*facepalm*

Pump House, I love this idea!
Been sending the poll around to everyone I know, and the response has been very positive indeed...

Oh, and the facility will be for 26" only yeah? None of this 24" BS :p
nah mate 24 is the way to go, more like a bmx, smoother and easier to spin haha :D

i love the idea of having an indoor mtb park it would give a bit of variation to just the normal skate park and will give rampfest a little bit of competition.

good luck with the building and hope you dont have any problems with other buisnesses in the area wanting you shut down

cant wait to ride it

Pump House

Likes Bikes
Just out of curiosity, how much do you think it would cost to build/run? Also, a Rampfest 'session' costs $10, for 4 hours... We were talking about a full day pass.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^^^^^^^^^^^i believe well into the 6 digits, to get fully up and running but dont forget its always a good idea to have enough funds to stay afloat for at least 6months, so that the business has a chance to get a rep, and steady income

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$10 for a whole day is fantastic, lets hope you have a great coffee machine and a great barista (hint hint) i know of a great ex barista trainer.

Pump House

Likes Bikes
I don't think it'll quite as cheap as $10 for a full day... but you never know.

Good barista? While not a trained barista, my coffees are pretty freakin' awesome. A decent espresso machine is a must in any place I work.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^^i used to be a barista trainer for Di bella coffee, that was untill i got into tradie life. (thats where my point on the coffee trainer was headed) ;)

so any more news? getting closer to a feasible position for the house?

Pump House

Likes Bikes
Finding the premises is a while off yet, we need to develop the business plan, secure funding/sponsorship... then we can look at locations and build options.

Don't hold your breath people, it'll be a while... But any big developments will be posted up here immediately, the support on here has been huge, and greatly appreciated.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
so lucky wish they would make 1 in brisbane and 15 for a day is a bit rich should be around 5 max
Do you ever buy anything your parents dont pay for? Stuff in australia is expensive. You can hardly buy a boost shake for $5 these days, let alone a day in an indoor MTB park.

Personally, i think if someone cant justify a $30-40 day at an amazing indoor park, yet can bow thousands on a bike, they need a priority adjustment.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Personally, i think if someone cant justify a $30-40 day at an amazing indoor park, yet can bow thousands on a bike, they need a priority adjustment.
+1. Found this in DH a lot too, people willing to fork out for a brand new Yeti 303, but not $40 for a ride day. stupid!