Info needed on where to base myself to ride DH/FR trails!!

teknological

Likes Bikes
Hi,

I've just spent last year travelling and riding around NZ! I've decided a year of travelling and riding around Aus sounds better than going home to same old life in UK!

I'm arriving in sydney in Nov, planning to stay there for 1st 3months then travel around! I'm a DHer riding a '02 Stinky Primo, Monster T's, so pretty heavy bike, but have 22/32/BG, so can ride trails rather than just DH!

I'm interested in finding out where would be good to base myself. I'm also looking for a bike shop job, ideally mechanic! I worked in a shop in UK for 7 months playing with bikes!

Where would you recommend to base myself so I could get good riding? I've checked out Bike Addicition finding out about Oxford falls and Red Hill, but these are just names to me at the mo, where abouts are these located!

I'm also a hardcore clubber, so thought Sydney would satisfy my needs for starters!

All information would be much appreciated! I'm keen on hooking up with fellow riders and keen on doing loads of DH racing this year!!

Thanks, Leo :D

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
G'Day Leo

http://www.bikeaddiction.com.au/trails/trails.htm will give you the maps of Red Hill and Oxford Falls, and they are situated on the Northern Beaches (Beacon Hill area).

If you want more Dhill head out Richmond way to experience Old Bathurst Rd. Some nice runs out there, but shuttle runs are recommended.

If not, the Lizard Rock trail at Oxford Falls is gaurenteed to please. There's been a few write-ups already on it in some previous threads. Hope this helps

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Theres quite a few good spots within an hour or so's drive from melbourne. Hurstbride has dh and some northshore style, therse some down in frankstone, and hurstbridge. And granton (which is only 10 mins from narbethong) and eildon (another half hour from narbethong) which hosted the oceanics. Then theres also kinglake. And im sure theres a few others around cbd melbourne. Then getting out a bit further, at bright (which is about 4 hours from melbourne) there is mystic mountain, which is an old cat 1 dh track, comming into a bit of disrepare but still ridable, and where else can you launch from the same spot as paragliders?. Within half an hours drive of bright there is Mt beauty, which was the old oceanics course, which has just had a facelift and is a sweet trail. THEN, an hour or so's drive from bright theres beechworth, which has the state(countrys ?) longest dh track.
Phew, and thats just what i know of. :)

bb7 rider

Cyclone Imports
i got a heap of pics of red hill and oxford falls if you want me to send em too ya there are a heap of secret dh trails around the area to and about 4 dirt jump trails which are highly hidden too

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blue mountains, near sydney. We've got some of the best trails around ( in my opinion ).
Get in touch with me your here and i can show u around the trails.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
jayboy882003 said:
i dont know much from nsw...
Sigh... anybody reading this thread... if you have absolutely nothing to add to the topic, like the post above... don't post, ok? Posts like the aforementioned are usually viewed as "post-whoring".

Edit: jayboy... it seems you've been told about this before. Stop being a postwhore, please. Use some self-control, alright?