Info Nutrition

Hi everyone, Just wonder what you guys using pre-training, during and post. Anyone really serious about Nutrition and What they eat?
Cheers Fab

cameron_15

Eats Squid
A little bit different as this is for Rugby Union and weight training.

Pre-match/Workout
-Black Coffee
-Citrulline Malate
-Beta-Alanine

Post-workout/Match
-Whey protein

All the time
-Creatine monohydrate

Diet:
-meat (Chicken/Kangaroo/Tuna/Sardines)
-Lots of vegetables
-Carbs (Pasta/Brown Rice/Oats) - Really trying to limit these as I'm trying to lose weight at the moment
-Whey protein shakes (sometimes with milk)
-Cottage Cheese
-Greek Yogurt (Chobani - 3:1 ratio of protein to carbs!)
-Peanut Butter (Next on my list to cull)
-Loads of Coffee/Tea
-Eggs

I've lost 20kg's in the past 8 months as well as packed on a heap of muscle , that journey has gotten me to the above diet/supps. It's really quite basic, my weekly shop is now very cheap (which helps me as a student who is not working) and I can get it done in under 10 minutes. I tried calorie counting for a while which was fun, but in the end I'm too lazy to meticulously track everything. Instead, my plan is to only have good food in the house to eat, so it doesn't matter if I over indulge, it's all good stuff.

I've slowly been removing the bad things from my diet, like bread and cheese (low fat cottage cheese is ok though) and bacon. The last one to go was Museli, as I found myself snacking on it too much as it's nice and sweet with dried fruits etc. I tried to ration it out and only eat it for breakfast, but it didn't work and I'd always eat 2 or 3 times my allowed serve because it was so good. Next on my list to remove is the peanut butter. It's high in protein but higher in fat, which is a problem. Although my solution will probably be to mix it with the whey powder and oats to make a home made protein bar of sorts.

I'm not sure about the pre-match supplements, maybe someone with more of a nutrition background can give me some advice?

I'm strength training 5 to 6 days a week in the gym and go for a run/ride a couple of times a week too.

During training I'm trying this product called Cr7 Drive during riding and feel energy sustain during the ride for 90/100kms. So none of you guys have ever tried this or other sport products from this brand?

Work, train, nutrition, and win races! That's my goal! Very simple. I just want to your opinion, but then i realize that is your opinion not mine. Look after the body you live into!
Cheers Fab

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Have been a user of Gels in the past - came across these and really want to try them but with $58 US shipping makes them double the price of Hammer ETC. Plenty of interesting flavours too

https://www.splitnutrition.com/
58 for shipping, how many u ordering? try thefeed.com for better shipping, box of 10 shipped for $10US, or look at flow formula endurance drink mix, extra scoop for 90g carbs per hour - body can’t take any more than this is #gelpacksarebadforenvironment

Minlak

custom titis
58 for shipping, how many u ordering? try thefeed.com for better shipping, box of 10 shipped for $10US, or look at flow formula endurance drink mix, extra scoop for 90g carbs per hour - body can’t take any more than this is #gelpacksarebadforenvironment
I am moving away from soluble foods stuffs - dont always have access to a drink bottle to mix it in - I have also tried some other alternatives like infinite blend etc and I feel better on gels / food