Injuries. What's your story?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That doesn't look comfortable man. It's dinner time. People are trying to eat with their families and discretely surf the web...

How do they fix that?

Flow-Rider

Burner
A bit of a thread dig but, though this might be a worth a post.
The major result of a high speed(40ish) OTB. I also ended up with rotator cuff damage, tendon damage in my elbow, concussion, and a lot of skin lost.
Basically the head of my radius ended up next to the bone.
It's never good seeing that but I hope you have a fast recovery. You have plenty of MTB vids to catch up on.

jawry

Likes Dirt
Gee's this is going to be hard to remember:

Left elbow 7 stitches.
Right elbow 5 stitches.
Left elbow (2nd time) 9 stitches
Right elbow (2nd time) 4 stitches
Dislocated both thumbs at least two or three times?
left elbow (third time lucky) 6 stitches
Left knee 17 stitches - first ride back - split the wound open, got infected. Couple of days in hospital.
Left ankle 5 bones broken (dump run tambo)
First ride back after above and long time in moonboot - left ankle 4 broken bones (dump run tambo)
Little pinky right hand dislocated (same incident as above)
More time in moonboot - and (touch a fucken big lump of wood) - no major's since.

Forgot to add the most painful - took a large lump of bark of the right arse cheek (going back 15 years ago or so) - mate patched it up in carpark at Toohey Forest (brissie) - not a good place to bear your arse at night (ask a local). Got infected - a week or so later the Doc offers me a local before the nurse cleaned it out. Dumb arse says 'nah, she'll be right'. I bit the pillow that day.

At 50 you reckon a bloke would have a reasonable sense of self preservation - at least according to the Minister for War & Finance.

Just adding - titanium plate in right wrist. Downhill on Dingo's at night. OTB - snapped radius and dislocated wrist.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I broke my back yesterday!!

Was at King of Ballarat, successfully negotiated the track once to scope it out and felt ok about the track. Then agreed to take a mates daughter for a quick run and managed to fuck myself up in 10 seconds.

I zigged when I should have zagged, thought I was on the b-line and about to hit an easy roll over. It wasn't, I nose dived a big drop, front wheel cased, landed square on my skull and folded myself in half.

Turns out I have fractured my T4 in 3 spots, and also copped another fractured rib to boot. Good one idiot!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Was at King of Ballarat, successfully negotiated the track once to scope it out and felt ok about the track. Then agreed to take a mates daughter for a quick run and managed to fuck myself up in 10 seconds.

I zigged when I should have zagged, thought I was on the b-line and about to hit an easy roll over. It wasn't, I nose dived a big drop, front wheel cased, landed square on my skull and folded myself in half.

Turns out I have fractured my T4 in 3 spots, and also copped another fractured rib to boot. Good one idiot!

Oh man. Get well soon. Healing vibes your way.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: LPG

Coopz

Likes Dirt

Aw man that is awful... Nasty area to have a injury.

Started reading through this thread, it's enough to make me think 'sell the bike'. But my heart is bigger than my brain 'no way'.

teK--

Eats Squid

Holy shit mate that is scary... Hope you make a full recovery soon.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rest up and heal up. Definitely take the Physiotherapy seriously and don't go back in the bike too soon.

I fractured mine in 3 places about 3 or so years aback now and was told it'd be right in 8 week.

Foolishness took hold and I went out for a ride at 8 weeks and simply wasn't ready. Thankfully I realised this inside 30 meters and loaded the bike up and went home.
Took about another 3 or 4 weeks.

And if you've not done this already, get into Yoga. Made a massive difference to me after it'd all healed.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
And if you've not done this already, get into Yoga. Made a massive difference to me after it'd all healed.
Yep. Yoga/pilates (sp?) makes a massive difference.
Do what the physio says.

I can also vouch for excercise physiologists, mine Has helped so much once I started beig able to excercise again. Less than a year after my surgery I’m doing 50kg deadlifts without any injury site aggravations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaf

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
That's rough, as everyone else has said, rest up and good luck with the recovery.

Is the bike ok?