Injuries. What's your story?

Flow-Rider

Burner
well fuck me - i shouldnt have looked at this thread...

just came back from ride, and after one of those unceremonious step ups with wheelie and fall off the back of bike - either a co2 cannister or rock into back and at least one broken rib.

sitting on lounge grunting and growling if i have to move off - i think i need a bucket nearby coz getting to the dunny is painful.....

going to look for some painkillers now...
At least it's not in the middle of winter, I've fractured a few before ( more than once ) and had to sleep in an armchair for a few weeks.

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery and let the Bike Gods have mercy on you all.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
So that's at least three of us that have broken ribs in the last few days.

What's going on?

Is there something in the RB water supply turning our chests to chalk?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No, you're just all shit riders :p Jury is out on @rowdyflat though. He fell out of a tree!

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
my wife is going to mega pissed at me - son did scaphoid and patella a week ago (on a powered skateboard) -any whining for a beer delivery from me is likely to result in said can arriving at pace and a little high.....

Anyway, im already blaming inferior equipment and Bike Bug -bald rear tyre led to my present predicament - but now injured I'll be sure to keep away from ladders (old man killers).

when son went to hospital there was a mid forties guy with a clavicle fracture - riding daughters bike reliving his teenage BMX days was his story - plywood jump on the road on a couple of bricks but not back tested for 100kg beer fueled male over jump....

On plus side, big electrical storm rolling into newcastle right now

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
What if it's a sticky one? I'm trying to keep to 80L of water a day and I can't use it all on 1 cleaning.
Too much detail. Whatever you ate, don't eat it again :)
You can always crank up the Gerni if you have some stubborn issues around your southern area.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
more painkillers, less laughing pharma.
ill make sure to only read PP's and Mooreys posts then..... found a box endone, only 5 tablets in it - so the choices are have a wonderful afternoon or have 5 nights of reasonable sleep..... so far gone paracetamol and ibuprofen and sitting still - aus post package still not here

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
well fuck me - i shouldnt have looked at this thread...

just came back from ride, and after one of those unceremonious step ups with wheelie and fall off the back of bike - either a co2 cannister or rock into back and at least one broken rib.

sitting on lounge grunting and growling if i have to move off - i think i need a bucket nearby coz getting to the dunny is painful.....

going to look for some painkillers now...
If you think getting to the dunny is a bit painful, try using it after a few days on the painkillers

If you're taking heavier stuff, make sure you wash it down with some movicol or coloxyl. You'll thank me later...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
If you think getting to the dunny is a bit painful, try using it after a few days on the painkillers

If you're taking heavier stuff, make sure you wash it down with some movicol or coloxyl. You'll thank me later...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
haha - no one ever thanks you -coz if they do what yousay, nothing happens, if they dont, theyll say why didnt you tell me with more confidence....

codeine is the worst - bit of caster oil on your weetbix does wonders, even a bit of shimano mineral oil lubes it up (true story)

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Oh yeah after sitting around resting and taking Movicol + Coloxyl+ suppositories to counter the pain drugs when I finally went, I thought I was having a baby.

nathanm

Eats Squid
have we mentioned sneezing yet with broken ribs. first time driving, pulled up at a traffic light, did a big sneeze and passed out due to the pain. woke up to a big line of cars behind me honking there horns.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
BTW pharmaboy if it isn't too cold put cold water on the suspect rib.
thx - i had a go with a freezer brick in tea towel - unsuccessfully. ziplocks have disapeared into the ether. when its just below the scapula its actually pretty hard to get to. BTW, i still remember 2 broken arms as a kid in my formative years - at least one was only a half cast so extreme embarrassment was short lived (in the dunny dept).

youre right - on ice now

Last edited:

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
That also helps , we have an Asian style arse water sprayer.
Those butt guns are awesome , wash with water , dry with the paper , makes more sense

After spending plenty of time in Asia , you realize we are a bit primitive with that one ,

would you wipe mud off your boot with paper ?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
So, fuck all sleep and last night was probably not the one to see if Ricky Gervais on netflix was funny or not. my son would shit himself laughing, then he'd get to look at me trying to hug myself like im in a 1980"s personal growth seminar, and laugh again at the pain on my face - laugh, cry, laugh, cry.

at least i can be sure now theres no jagged edge waiting to puncture a lung