installing cycle computer help?

droctagon

Likes Dirt
Installing a Sigma BC 1606L wired cycle computer to my Norco Sasquatch.
I have Marzocchi Bomber 55-R forks. I cant seem to get the correct gap distance(i think its supposed to be no more than 5mm) between spoke magnet and sensor.
im pretty sure that my problem is the forks are too wide for this set-up?
Has anyone installed one of these on similar forks?
Any advice,tips,suggestions would be great-i tried a few searches for other threads on this but to no avail.

droctagon

Likes Dirt
There is nowhere near enough room to attach anything on the brake rotor,or it will get chewed when passing through the brake caliper mount.
I ended up creating a makeshift mount out of inner tube rubber which extended the sensor about 9mm out from the fork leg-seems to be working now after much scratchin of the head?
a major oversight of mine-but the guy at the LBS had no bloody idea about anything-yet another example of poor customer service-If anyone reads this thread,take note that a lot of cycle computers designed for road bikes will be tricky to mount if you have large suspension forks!
I'll be interested to see if she holds up to a few laps at the dam this afternoon.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Not sure about Bombers but on my Fox forks with the VDO and now the Polar I have, I just angled the fork sensor in towards the wheel/magnet. :)

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
get the magnet as close to the hub while still being clear of the rotor and caliper, then pad out the sensor by putting something between it and the fork leg. i've had to do this in a few bikes and it does work as a long term solution.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, what they said. Or just dont put one on because they are FOR ROAD BIKES!

Last edited:

bob^

Likes Bikes
I just fitted a Sigma 1106 to my Bomber 55's last week. I clipped the cable all the way along the brake line and then found to be able to get the magnet close enough to the sensor, the magnet would clip the calliper.
My work around was to attach the sensor to the brake line itself, allowing me to get it close enough. I just used a few cable ties.