Instructional video recommendations?

puffmoike

Likes Dirt
(Apologies if a good thread already exists, but I've done my best to get to grips with Rotorburn's advanced search without much joy)

Does anybody have a good list of instructional videos? Anything good, but in particular I'm probably interested in ones where the skills aren't just described, but the teacher is shown critiquing and teaching riders.

I'm aware of:

Last night I came across a new video from another apparently pretty popular YouTube MTB channel, BKXC, which showed him being taught by an instructor. Even though the camerawork was pretty terrible (and the over-the-top Californian sunniness a bit hard to stomach) I found it really interesting to watch an instructor teaching and analysing somebody who's probably already a decent rider.

Do you know of any more videos or channels like this (where not only are skills described, but a rider's repeated efforts are analysed and corrected)?

And on a related note can you recommend any instructors in Victoria who are good at teaching in a low-key, analytical manner, as distinct from a 'just follow me and go for it'-type fashion? (I am – or at least once was – a pretty good mogul skier. The best skier I was ever taught by was the worst teacher I ever had. Conversely far-and-away the best teacher I ever had was probably the worst skier. I'm not particularly interested in finding the best credentialed rider, but I'd love to find somebody who was good at analysing what I was doing wrong and how to correct it, and then good at explaining this to me.)

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
And on a related note can you recommend any instructors in Victoria who are good at teaching in a low-key, analytical manner, as distinct from a 'just follow me and go for it'-type fashion? (I am – or at least once was – a pretty good mogul skier. The best skier I was ever taught by was the worst teacher I ever had. Conversely far-and-away the best teacher I ever had was probably the worst skier. I'm not particularly interested in finding the best credentialed rider, but I'd love to find somebody who was good at analysing what I was doing wrong and how to correct it, and then good at explaining this to me.)
My partner did some lessons with Scott from Alpine Gravity and he was excellent. I was around for the debrief at the end of one session and his analysis of how each rider had performed over the day was impressive and gave them lots to take away. As a result of a couple of intensive sessions with Scott and also some with Sarah from Alpine Gravity, she is riding some pretty technical black runs after only 6 months of MTBing (and no prior biking experience at all).

puffmoike

Likes Dirt
My partner did some lessons with Scott from Alpine Gravity and he was excellent. I was around for the debrief at the end of one session and his analysis of how each rider had performed over the day was impressive and gave them lots to take away. As a result of a couple of intensive sessions with Scott and also some with Sarah from Alpine Gravity, she is riding some pretty technical black runs after only 6 months of MTBing (and no prior biking experience at all).
Great feedback. Thanks.