DH Intense M6 Build Thread - COMPLETE PG10 - ***need helmet suggestion PG12***

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
scuse asking, but what are the things in the first pic of gold Hope bits in your latest post (above the seat clamp) ?
They're called 'Hope grip doctors' designed to stop grips from sliding off and stops mud, dirt and shit from getting in your bars, they're basically overbuilt bar end plugs.

I'd be lying if I said that I bought it purely for functional reasons. I've always wanted that particular Hope product since I first saw it but could never justify the price. However, since I'd building my dream bike I thought I'd get the parts that I've always wanted, even though they provide more self-fulfillment than functional benefit.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Have had these for a while but haven't come around to posting. Hope Pro II hubs on EX823 with DT Swiss Competition Spokes and Brass DT Swiss Nipples.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I'm thinking of building up the same wheelset when my dee-maxs end up giving up on life, so if you don't mind would you be able to get a weight on em? If you could, that'd be great :)

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks hot man, can't wait to see it all together. You might need to swap out the frame for an M9 soon though :p

Big Galapa

Likes Bikes
yeh man you deff's need those 40's like mine to go with this build , that would make this bike look so damm good

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Complete pic, Complete pic!
Soon Soon, just gotta wait for this god damned rotor to arrive from the UK. I have a rear brake fully functional but am waiting for the front fkn rotor.

J i z z e d i n m a p a n t s !

W ow.
Cheers mate :)

I'm thinking of building up the same wheelset when my dee-maxs end up giving up on life, so if you don't mind would you be able to get a weight on em? If you could, that'd be great :)
I didn't weight them before I put in the stans sealant and tyre on and I CBF taking it all off. I do know though that they are heavier than the deemax' that's for sure.

looks hot man, can't wait to see it all together. You might need to swap out the frame for an M9 soon though :p
Hahahaha stop it! The m6 will do me just fine for the moment. Actually to be honest, a Norco sasquatch is where my riding ability is at bahaha

yeh man you deff's need those 40's like mine to go with this build , that would make this bike look so damm good
I know eh, I'll be talking to my LBS soon about getting some on layby. It maybe a month + before I'll actually have them on the bike. My old 40's will have to do till then (not that there is any real problem with them)

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
why not save yourself some money and get some new lowers in the colour you desire? or just get your current ones sprayed?

or are you upgrading to a newer model, possibly kashima coat? (that woud be worth it!)

extremely nice bike build here.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I didn't weight them before I put in the stans sealant and tyre on and I CBF taking it all off. I do know though that they are heavier than the deemax' that's for sure.
Yeahk, that's cool.
They're probs heavier than the new ones, but my old ones weigh 2.4 for the pair I think...
From adding everything up, I think these come in at 2.2 for the pair, so a little heavier than the current ones, but only by a tiny bit.
Just was interested in a real weight cos you never know til you have em, but I understand, I hate changing tyres so much, especially tubeless :p

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
why not save yourself some money and get some new lowers in the colour you desire? or just get your current ones sprayed?

or are you upgrading to a newer model, possibly kashima coat? (that woud be worth it!)

extremely nice bike build here.
I thought about getting the lowers replaced but a shop said they were about $650.

As for the newer Kashima coated forks, I'd love to see what all the rave is about on the new coating. And plus they're pretty affordable at www.mymountain.com.au

Yeahk, that's cool.
They're probs heavier than the new ones, but my old ones weigh 2.4 for the pair I think...
From adding everything up, I think these come in at 2.2 for the pair, so a little heavier than the current ones, but only by a tiny bit.
Just was interested in a real weight cos you never know til you have em, but I understand, I hate changing tyres so much, especially tubeless :p
I wouldn't mind if they were just normal tubes and tyres but they're tubeless and I had my LBS set it up for me as I don't have a high pressure pump. They're definitely nice wheels though and CRC do a great build

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'm not gonna lie, its been 9 days and im craving a pic of the complete build. HELP.... ME.....!!!!!!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
UPDATE UPDATE:
The bike is complete and is currently sitting in my living room with plenty of jizzed kleenex tissues surrounding it. However, no camera hahahaha :( I'll get some up this weekend but the general consensus is that it looks good, however, needs intense stickers.

On another note a deposit has been made on 2011 Fox 40's. Should be paid off in about a month w00t w00t.... Question is... white or black?

dunndog

Eats Squid
Wow. the youies will never be the same. i'd be sitting in the back of my navara all day in the car park with this baby just watching peoples faces as they drive in/out. then i'd take it home and polish the polish. Sick job man, can't wait to see pics!

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
The black 40's look better I reckon, but go the white as it will match your frame and everyone has the black ones.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
FINALLY I have a photo of her complete. Here she is, without stickers. I'm awaiting a sticker kit, however, I won't use all the stickers, just the head badge and the one on the top tube.

Spec List:
Frame: Medium Intense M6
Fork: Fox 40RC2 - Soon to be 2011 Fox 40RC2
Brakes: Hope V2
Rotors: Hope V2 8"
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Thomson X4
Bar: Chromag
Grips: Odi
Shifter: X9
Seat Clamp: Hope
Seat: Thomson Elite