Interesting though about oils

G-radam

Squid
Hey guys, I have a quick question:

While cooking ealier, I had an idea to use break oil for cooking oil, can someone tell me how they are any different? I use cooking oil in my avid breaks - hydrolics, and it seems to work fine, however is it okay to cook with it? It seems just to be abit thicker, but otherwise it looks okay. I might give it a try next time im cooking (on friday).

Thanks, G-radam.

Last edited:

G-radam

Squid
Just using it in the frying pan - to cook eggs, bacon and what not.

And, yep! i will let you know how it goes!

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Excellent idea!! You could wash it down with a glass of E85 petrol from the servo, maybe make some porridge from Stan's tyre sealant?

If your post was NOT meant in jest, please lock yourself in a small room and call for professional psychiatric assistance.

DeBloot

Feeling old
School holidays is definitely a good time for experimenting, Radam
Particularly with drugs

I would suggest you try a full tab of LSD with your MDMA
If you don't reach an epiphany and able to answer all your own questions
Then mix it with that 'breckfast' recipe in your other post
I can guarantee that all the important answers will be right in front of you after this

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
You could use bearing grease instead of cooking fat when doing a roast? Could have some wonderful colours! Should try out for Master Chef.

Melony

Likes Bikes
Break fluid makes an awesome gravy, if you want some extra iron add a sprinkle of bearings prefer smaller ones, or for a little ring chewer on way through add some disc brake shavings.

G-radam

Squid
Do not cook with break oils!!!!

So I just got back from deh hospital... DO NOT COOK WITH OILS - OTHER THAN COOKING OIL! ITS VERY DANGEROUS FOR YOU HEALTH!... I made lunch using the break oil, and it made me very, very sick. I was sick and vomiting alot.. That was such a stupid idea. THIS IS SERIOUIS!! DONT TRY IT!! WHY DIDN'T PEOPLE WARN ME!! :tape:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Hey guys, I have a quick question:

While cooking ealier, I had an idea to use break oil for cooking oil, can someone tell me how they are any different? I use cooking oil in my avid breaks - hydrolics, and it seems to work fine, however is it okay to cook with it? It seems just to be abit thicker, but otherwise it looks okay. I might give it a try next time im cooking (on friday).

Thanks, G-radam.
BRAKE fluid is completely different composition, made up of all kinds of nasty things. Mineral oil, used in some brakes is a petroleum-derived formulation. It's a lot nicer to the body than polyglycol ether (DOT) fluid, but still hardly pleasant. You can in a pinch use cooking oil in mineral oil brake systems, because the properties are similar, but DO NOT use it in DOT systems unless you like getting up close & personal with trees & stuff.

redbruce

Eats Squid
BRAKE fluid is completely different composition, made up of all kinds of nasty things. Mineral oil, used in some brakes is a petroleum-derived formulation. It's a lot nicer to the body than polyglycol ether (DOT) fluid, but still hardly pleasant. You can in a pinch use cooking oil in mineral oil brake systems, because the properties are similar, but DO NOT use it in DOT systems unless you like getting up close & personal with trees & stuff.
Worthy of Big Bang Theory. Not sure OP was actually after a factual response.

Last edited: