Introducing the Girls

Mandy

Likes Bikes
I know the first thread is kind of already this but thought we should make it a little bit more formal.

So how about introduce yourself, where your from, style or riding and bike as well as anything else you wish to include!!!!

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
il just do a template thingy

name: Kristina shiel
location locaotion location: emerad vic
rideing since: ahh octoberish last year? in "extreme" stuff anyway, did a bit of xc prior to that.
bikes: doberman pinscher, morewood izimu aka my emu
ride: any dh track i get taken to, mm and kinda just around everywhere,....
stylzzz: not a lycra bearing person gimme dh and djs anyday
xxiv team rider.........

Last edited:

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Lol
Im Mandy, 18, been riding since the begining of the year
Wanting to get into downhill and free ride,
Got a Trek fuel 80
Ride in the shire
Live in Camden
And im 18 and still at school should be going to uni next year which is good i guess plenty of time to ride!!!

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Name: Nik
Location: Ryde, Sydney NSW (nicely situated right near Olympic Park!)
Riding since: Since forever, but only really getting into it this past year.
Bike: Dualie - 06 Specialized Enduro Expert; HT - Mongoose Tyac Super
Ride: I'm willing to give anything a go!! But steering towards DH and 4x.
Style: Uhh I donno about that... but I'm sure getting really good at stacking it with style!!!!
Day job: Occupational Therapist (Yeh Roxy! We're just as sweet as each other!!)

Last edited:

ruthlessgirl

token forum girl
Name: Gillian

Riding since: ummm about 1998 when i had to find a new way to get to school

Bike: DH - Ruthless Custom, XC - Devinci, FR - Giant STP

Ride: I miss playing on the 4x tracks over there...

Day job: Run the Bike shop & Tech Shop at Canada Olympic Park, but you might remember me from the last 1.5yrs working the RawNRG shop in Thredbo.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Name: Kristina
Location: Cobar NSW (just about in the middle of nowhere). We tend to move around every few years or so, neve know where we'll end up next - recently moved here after living in Townsville for a year.
Riding since: I discovered MTB while I was still in high school, just used to take my Dunlop MTB & ride it up whatever local hills were close in Canberra where I lived - explore the surrounds really, also discovered the AMB mag at about that time.
Bike: Giant Trance 3 - just got it this year, my last (and first real bike) was a Specialized Hardrock Comp 2001 model.
Ride: Whatever is around really, haven't lived close enough to too many"real" mtb tracks. I guess you could say just trail riding - would probably be all mountain if we had any!
Style: What's style? .. . . . .. As above I'd give a bit of anything a go (I'm pretty chicken when it comes to jumps though). Have pretty much always ridden solo. Ummm, don't wear lycra, my gear is regular day to day shorts & a cycling jersey, gloves etc.
Day job: At the moment looking after the kids, one is going on to 4yrs old the other is nearly 2yrs, so I've really only started to get back into MTB this year after a cuple of years having other priorities. Will be looking for a Casual job soon though, whatever I can get. Almost became a rock licker (Geologist) though as far as carreers go.
I always take on my ride: Camelback & mobile phone.

Gabe_88

Squid
ok well im gabe... oviously... im 15 years old.. i live in nsw, singleton ( 3 hours from sydney)....
dirt jumping and street and possibly 4x soonish... 2005 specialized p.3

ohh yeah day job... farkin SCHOOL which kinda sucks.. and i dont have a job any way lol

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
As you might have read elsewhere I am Maxine and I am 85 ha ha, no seriously Squid has changed my date of birth so I am not that old, I am fairly new to mountain biking but have been in it for a number of years as support staff for all my "boys". I am also the NSW Co-ordinator for MTNX organising the State Rounds, mind you the clubs do 99% of the work, I just have a title.

I ride a 2007 Cannondale Prophet 600, have done a bit of dh and have recently tried MTNX, which I really enjoyed. I ride trails as well with my son and a friend, they are both too good for me though they are very patient, and I really enjoy to the riding, except when I stuff up.

I am in Sydney, fairly central, and am sooooo pleased you are all coming out of the woodwork so to speak.

Hopefully, I will see you around at some of the races club or State level.:D

Good to see you watching over us Gill, keep in touch.

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Name: Fi
Riding since: 1996 (off road)
Bike: Cannondale Gemini 900, Giant Trance 1, DMR Trailstar, BMC roadie
Ride: It's all good! Love the occasional DH shuttle day but a good technical trail ride with mates is the best day out. Like to do the enduro races for the social buzz. Looking to learn a bit of DJ and ride a bit of 4X. Cycle toured in the past which I may do more of one day.
Style: Am no cross country whippet, just love the techy stuff.
Day job: Sales/Office Coordinator for a bike parts wholesaler

Last edited:

psychavoc

Likes Bikes
Name: Celia
Riding since: MTBing since 2003
Bike: Santa Cruz Heckler, Giant XTC, Giant OCR3
Ride: Too chicken to partake in real DH at speed, but I do love techy DHs in my own time - still haven't quite got the nerve to do drops yet. But I also like the challenge of a good uphill climb :eek:
Style: Dabbling in all sorts :)
Day job: Currently a PhD student studing Psychology, but will be looking for a real job come the beginning of next year.

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Name: Fi
Riding since: 1996 (off road)
Bike: Cannondale Gemini 900, Giant Trance 1, DMR Trailstar, Cannondale roadie
Ride: It's all good! Love the occasional DH shuttle day but a good technical trail ride with mates is the best day out. Like to do the enduro races for the social buzz. Looking to learn a bit of DJ and ride a bit of 4X. Cycle toured in the past which I may do more of one day.
Style: Am no cross country whippet, just love the techy stuff.
Day job: Sales/Office Coordinator for a bike parts wholesaler
Good to see you up and taking sustenance. This is the girl you all want to ride with, believe me. She was the person who took me on my initiation run at Thredbo, she is patient, friendly, experienced and soooo helpful its not funny.

Organise a ride with her and you will be sooo pleased. Can I come too please??????:)

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Good to see you up and taking sustenance. This is the girl you all want to ride with, believe me. She was the person who took me on my initiation run at Thredbo, she is patient, friendly, experienced and soooo helpful its not funny.

Organise a ride with her and you will be sooo pleased. Can I come too please??????:)
Ooh Thredbo... Looking forward to that!! Is anyone else planning on going next year to the women's weekend?

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Ooh Thredbo... Looking forward to that!! Is anyone else planning on going next year to the women's weekend?

Hey Terranik,

Fi was the person who first developed the Thredbo womens weekend. It is a great weekend but with Fi it is wonderful, so patient and so informative. She is no longer in Thredbo but she is available so keep in touch.

Max
:)

Mandy

Likes Bikes
what is the thredbo womens weeekend? Perhaps we shoukld make a thread about it?? I would be interested in going!!!!

Bethany

Likes Bikes
Name: Beth

Riding since: technically umm maybe a week and half ago

Bike: okay its not that great but a Giant thermo w

Ride: I live about 500 metres away from a hit of national park.. comes with the Blue Mountains location. Anyways there are an endless amount of trails up there that i keep finding each day i ride. I wanna try downhilling, looks awesome

Style: i guess cross country... after a few attempts on the highway ive found bush and rocks alot more fun

Day Job: Studying at Tafe and workin at Starbucks

So obviously im a baby when it comes to riding.. but some mates conned me into getting a bike and i was basically addicted from my first ride... Was kinda hoping id find some girl riders in the Mounts... but just knowing there are other girls out there takin on the boys is enough!

osmund

Squid
Name: Helen
Riding since: well...who knows.
Bike: Trek roadie and shit Giant hard tail.
Ride: I used to only enjoy road riding, but just in the last few months have begun to enjoy XC.
Style: not sure what this is really, so i mustn't have any
Day job: IT project management stuff

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Name: Beth

So obviously im a baby when it comes to riding.. but some mates conned me into getting a bike and i was basically addicted from my first ride... Was kinda hoping id find some girl riders in the Mounts... but just knowing there are other girls out there takin on the boys is enough!
Well Beth I'm pretty close!! I live in Meadowbank (near Olympic Park) so the Blue Mtns are about a 30 min drive down the M4 for me - Easy peasy!! I'm actually interested in heading out there for a ride (new to Sydney myself and new to riding off-road)!! So you've got one gal to ride with if you're interested!!!!

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
Name: Helen
Riding since: well...who knows.
Bike: Trek roadie and shit Giant hard tail.
Ride: I used to only enjoy road riding, but just in the last few months have begun to enjoy XC.
Style: not sure what this is really, so i mustn't have any
Day job: IT project management stuff
Great to see another southern chick show herself!