Introducing the Girls

brozza

Cannon Fodder
Name: Brozza
Riding since: 2004ish
Bikes: Giant Trance, Transition Syren, Trek roady, singlespeed converted Giant Arete hardtail (now surplus to requirements as there is not enough space on the bike rack wall).
Rides: Started riding here in Aus a few years ago, then moved to the UK so have spent the last four years riding and racing there - favourite spots being Afan (Whytes Level), Cwmcarn and Aston Hill. Now back in Aus, have unpacked bikes from their shipping cartons and am looking forward to getting back into riding again. Did Andersons and Oaks last weekend for a sentimental return, lovely scenery and all that, but rather a lot of pedalling as well :)
Style: XC and DH - prefer steep and techy with wheels on the ground, am generally wimpy around big jumps and drops. DH style is best described as lacking, and heavily reliant on armour.
Looking forward to meeting some of you out and about...

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Name: Karan - or Shrieking Violet, whichever annoys people the most :p

Bike: '03 Norco Speed Metal 24" cruiser with minor mods *update* Kuwahara Laserlite Pro 24", Redline low cruiser bars, Answer Alumlite forks, VP clipless pedals. added a Norco Manik to the stable a month or so back, haven't been on the trails with it yet, it's rained ever since! done a couple of road commutes with it tho, love that bike.

Riding Since: first year on a BMX did State Titles (Grafton) in 2004, took time off for divorce, building a couple of cars, re-mortgaging, and health issues. got back on my bike six weeks ago to challenge my (now ex-)boyfriend, haven't stopped since...

Style: Ladies Master Cruiser (wtf? i hate the whole Laydee tag and :confused: Master???)

Job: Remedial Massage Therapist and Reflexologist

don't have any women to ride against at my local club so i ride with the 30+ men and two 15yro girls. i'm usually trailing in their dust...:p

Last edited:

Bioathletic

Cannon Fodder
Name: Jen

Location: Shire, Sydney (yes, I have my passport, and no, I'm not short with hairy feet!)

Bike: Yeti AS-R for the trails (he's puuurty but is capable of far more than I am!) and a newly purchased 2nd hand Azzurri Solo for the road

Riding Since: been on a bike since about age 5, but on the trails since 2003ish... started racing about 3 years ago but 2 knee surgeries down I'm slower than when I started!

Style: XC, the occasional enduro (very slowly!) and mostly just riding 'cos it's fun! I tend to whimp out a bit on the techy stuff, and since I mostly ride with guys I usually jump off & walk over the big drops just so I can keep up with the group... bad habit I know..

Job: Exercise physiologist and sports scientist

Would love to ride with other Sydney based girls, maybe have a chance to work on the bits I normally walk over?

Echidna

Cannon Fodder
Hi
I'm Dorothea and I live in Kingsville, Melbourne's West. Been riding on and off for years both road and cross-country. I love the You Yangs but haven't been riding much lately because I got into rock climbing and have been spending a bit of time at Arapiles and the Grampians. Looking to get back into riding. Do any of you ride in the You Yangs?

I am 34 and a school teacher.
Bikes: Travsition Covert and Kona Kula.

Been on here for a while- thanks to my boyfriend. Thought I might post this up now!!

Name: Alysha

Riding since: Only since the end of last year- again thanks to my boyfriend!

Bike: Giant Cypher (absolutely love my bike)

Ride: My boyfriend does a lot of downhill riding, so I participate in that too (the easy stuff!!), also enjoy cross country but going down the hills instead of up!

Day job: English/History High School Teacher and by night I teach guitar!

Hi girls,
I thought it was time to introduce myself to you all, my name Maddie Midson, I am 20, I have being riding both Road and MTB bikes for a couple of years now.

I have just completed my first Half Highland Half Fling on sunday 14/11/10 I enjoyed it alot even though i came last. I am part of the Southern Highlands Cycle Club, down here in the Southern Highlands.

We have got some pretty amazing MTB tracks down here in the Wegello State Forest & The Penrose State Forst.

Cheers Maddie :)

Ely

Cannon Fodder
Hey everyone :)

well I'm Gabby, my friends call me Ely for my middle name Elyse because we have 3 Gabby's in our friend circle haha

I'm 15, as of last week, and live in the Sutherland Shire, Sydney :D

I got asked to ride Thredbo Interschools in my year 7, 2008, and broke my arm :/ put me off a bit, so i re-started at the interschools the next year and went okay, rode a little, and now im riding again.

I'm not awesome at the downhill, i try but somethings I need someone to show me how to do, not just have the boys yell at me to pin it, their so helpful :/

uhmm i ride my brothers old 2007 Glory, great thing, perfect size, in good condition absolutely love it

so yeh, i go to school by day, year 9, and work at McDonalds! goo the maccas kids lol

and yeh thats pretty much me :D

i go to all the state round but have only ridden Lithgow, I'm in a photography trainee ship so i use state rounds as my practice

would love to see y'all around :)
Cheer Gabby

mize

Cannon Fodder
group rides for girls in SE qld?

Hi girls,

I am a Newby to the forum, but not so much the mountain bike.
I live on the gold coast and aged 29 years.
Are there any organised girl group rides up here or between brisbane and the gold coast????:confused:
Bored of riding with my husband and the boys only. They always make it a race!!!:(

Cheers

Mi Mize, we ride Daisy Hill a few times a week - midweek & Sundays as a rule, ladies only so a lot less competition & a lot of laughs. There are a few groups of ladies ride there.
I'm riding Daisy tomorrow at 11am (weather permitting) but not this Sunday as I'm competing in an off road triathlon.

Karen

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Name: Hannah Bee!

Location: Brisbane northside (think, steve jones, bunya, gap creep)

Riding Since: well I jumped on the BMX scene when I was 10, did that for 6 years and got busy, more recently rode the STP for a bit in the forest before work took all my daylight hours! I've since sold the STP and built up my new BMX racer!

Bike: 2009 Kuwahara Nova Light Pro (with very sexy blue mods!) old school :D

Ride: Just bmx these days but lend me a hardtail and I'll hit the trails!

Style: Hahaha hang on and try to go fast? At the moment Im not competing just trying to build up my fitness so that I can maybe compete next year...

Occupation: Currently between retail fashion and VIP corporate work in Suncorp Stadium! Also enrolled for uni next year (yeeeewwwww!) for sport tourism!

mize

Cannon Fodder
Mi Mize, we ride Daisy Hill a few times a week - midweek & Sundays as a rule, ladies only so a lot less competition & a lot of laughs. There are a few groups of ladies ride there.
I'm riding Daisy tomorrow at 11am (weather permitting) but not this Sunday as I'm competing in an off road triathlon.

Karen
Hi Karen.
Thx for your reply. I would love to come along. Tomorrow wont work thou, unless early or after lunch, and good luck for Sunday. Otherwise next week sounds fine :)
I can do any morning of the week, coz I am on holidays. yay!
Kat

diva5

Cannon Fodder
Hello

Looking for riding buddies, and new trails....

Introducing myself: "Simone" but my stupid husband decided that wasnt a good profile name, so he changed it to Diva5 which happens to be the bike I am riding....this is my second attempt at Farkin/rotorburn so lets see if I can keep my profile current.
where your from: Sydneys North
style of riding: MTB trails, techy stuff, local trails. Am know to walk up stuff but rarely walk down anything. I ride for fun, to get out, to stay sane, and escape the kids/husband. Did I mention fun?
bike: just fine tuning my new Orange Diva so it doesnt buck me off. (5inches of serious bike). Have a very small giant roadie (will sell), also an XS trance01 (will sell) and a beautiful KHS hardtail that has been seriously downgraded with a childs seat (wont sell).

Are there ladies riding - somewhere in the middle.....not too fast not too slow, just right?