Introducing the Girls

dilemma

girl+bike
Hi girls!

So good to see so many more girls here these days! I've had almost a year's hiatus from Farkin (lots going on!) and it's great to come back and see that we've now got our own space to chat!

about me...

name: Emma Ringer

riding since: around 2000, started on road, then added track, then a some XC, and since a week ago DH!! Very stoked about that.

bikes: road - custom Hillbrick (I think there's a picture of it around on these forums somewhere!) and until recently, a Specialized Ruby (full carbon wmns design); track - Avanti Pista Pro; city/commuter - SUBlime.2; XC - Stumpjumper '05; DH - Specialized SX1 06

ride: still getting to know the (legal) trails around here. Rode at Fox Creek / Cudlee Creek for my first DH outing, and have ridden at Eagle MTB Park. The more bikes I've added to my collection the less time I have to ride them. It makes me cry :(

style: pedal (it seems to work on all my bikes!)

occupation: present: in-house graphic designer for adventure travel company (Adventure Tours Australia/Oz Experience/Wayward Bus); rides manager for Outbike (cycling tours across Oz); work on Saturdays at JT Cycles in Adelaide (city store); run new website www.girlplusbike.com for company girl+bike; previously journalist for Bicycling Australia, Mountain Biking Australia, Bicycling Trade and Where to Ride magazines. (whew, no wonder I'm tired...!)

Make sure you all check out http://www.girlplusbike.com - you could win a cool girl+bike tee just for sending in some feedback! More stuff is being added to the site all the time, so it's worth bookmarking!

Happy riding...

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Make sure you all check out http://www.girlplusbike.com - you could win a cool girl+bike tee just for sending in some feedback! More stuff is being added to the site all the time, so it's worth bookmarking!

Happy riding...
Wow Emma your website is pretty cool - it'll be great once it gets a good stuffing of info on there! I gave my feedback... *crosses fingers for a shirt* hahaha :D

foo04

Cannon Fodder
Hey Im Em ,been riding a few years on and off. Currently living in Europe. Own a Santa Cruz Juliana, but been riding a few different Specialized bikes throughout Europe and the States. moving back home to Sydney early next year for Uni and cant wait to get back into riding.....
Been just travelling and having a good time. Love to challenge myself mentally and physically... You have to try Ice climbing and canyoning
Cant wait to get back home and ride ...
Hopefully see you all down thredbo sometime....

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Hey Im Em ,been riding a few years on and off. Currently living in Europe. Own a Santa Cruz Juliana, but been riding a few different Specialized bikes throughout Europe and the States. moving back home to Sydney early next year for Uni and cant wait to get back into riding.....
Been just travelling and having a good time. Love to challenge myself mentally and physically... You have to try Ice climbing and canyoning
Cant wait to get back home and ride ...
Hopefully see you all down thredbo sometime....
Welcome Em! :) Sounds like a pretty nice lifestyle you have over there in Europe! *a little jealous!* Hopefully we can arrange a ride with all the other girls in Syd when you get back here. :)

jo fox

Likes Bikes
hey girls how are we all. Finally I can post for myself. I won't be on every day I still don't have the net at home.I will be going to Dargle on Sunday for the introduction to DH so I hope to see lots of girls there lets show the boys how it is done. see you there.

foxy gone.

* Kate

Squid
Hey :)

Figured i'd follow the trend... so here it is!

Name: * Kate :cool:

Occupation: Work for an Outdoor Education Company (drive thru your hood pretty much each day Roxy12! - we'll have to hit some tracks out Kirth Kiln way!!)

Ride: Hario Escape 8.3 (hardtail)

How long: Yeah bout a year - tho wanna get serious

Awesome, guess thats it...over and out! :eek:

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
for sure, why dont you come out o long ully on thursday night? hit up the trails there with me, give em a go ey?

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
haha i knew who you were dw, awesome il take ya thru some stuff and hopefully ul kick some ass!

peep

Likes Bikes
How rude, I started posting before introducing myself!

Hi all, I'm Pip.

I'm from sunny Brisbane, and currently spend most of my daylight hours out at UQ struggling to finish my PhD (virology).

I ride a Norco 4by as a commuter, XC and DH when I can. Been riding about 3 years now and slowly getting better...

Hopefully catch up with a few of the Brissy girls around the trails...if anyone is going to this Sundays Intermediate RAW session with Roadie Rob I'll see you there!

Caro

Cannon Fodder
Hello ladies!

Hello ladies!

Great to see that there ARE so many other girls out there riding! Just found your site last weekend...

name: Carolin Skipka
bike: Cell Crosscountry MTX R (hardtail)
profession: pharmacy tech

Used to ride when I was living Europe (before 2003) and only started riding again regularly a few months ago.
Preferred style: I guess XC is what I am doing here at the moment also love technical stuff around the city -not that I am much good at it but love it anyway:) !!-

Am riding mostly in Manly and Engadine at the moment and would love to give racing a go! Any suggestions on which races are good to start with. Am trying to get my head around the whole palaver of nationals, club races, endurance, 12hrs..... Would be great to hear about some of your fabulous experiences :) !!

Cheers
Caro

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Hey Caro

I'm on the Northern Beaches and ride regularly, give me a shout if you're over this way! And I often ride up at Wisemans Ferry, Blue Mtns, etc. - you're welcome to come along anytime. Haven't ridden much at Engadine so would enjoy a guided tour sometime!

As for racing, well I reckon that endurance (12hr, 8hr, etc.) is a great way of getting into it - less painful than XC and less intimidating than DH (not that I don't recommend these disciplines too!). And there are the short track races too happening through the summer, I don't know where the next one is happening but there's a bit of info on the event format at www.mwmtb.com.

Cheers

Fi

Caro

Cannon Fodder
nothern beaches

Hi Roxy12!
Thanks and I will surely do my best :) !

Hi Fi!

Thanks for your reckommendations and the link will have a look!

Would be great to catch up for a ride and a coffee :)!
Have been to Manly Dam so far but would love to go to Wisemans ferry, Red Hill, Oaks Trail....
Was thinking of coming over on Sunday to try something new cause I believe there is track work happening in Manly for a couple of weeks, if you are around?

Cheers,
Caro

Annabanana

Likes Bikes
hey

Hey, I guess I'll just write up about me....that seems to be the trend!

Name: Anna
Riding since: MTB-this year. Bikes- forever!
Bike: Cannondale Synapse roadie, GT hardtail, Bianchi super-commuter, and pink apollo for pub-runs
Ride: Do the snooty road thing during the week, try and get off-road weekly at Manly or Oaks etc- VERY difficult living in the Inner West without a car! Enter enduro xc mostly, 4/12/24hour stuff and fun stuff like the fling (my GOD you should see my elbows...)
Style: "Like a gumby" lol. Good at climbing maybe? As for tecchy stuff...well, there's a way to go there...
Day job: Bikestore biatch, student, bikie moll

:p :p :p

leeN

Banned
Name: Kathleen Beggs
Riding since: This year
Bike: Norco 125
Ride: I used to go to boarding school in ballarat, riding at Nerrina and Black Hill, finished a few weeks ago so back home in Apollo Bay, riding at the skate park.
Style: whatever goes
Day job: Apollo Bay bakery!:cool:

wow, this is the first time ive eva posted anything on farkin!!!yay.:D