Introduction type thingy.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Hello,

I bought a mtb in 2016 after fracturing a vertebrae.
Used to ride as a child although discovered mountain unicycling at about 17. Did you know you can get a top of the range unicycle for like 800 bucks.. I could afford that.

Ive been kicking about for a while reading what music you like/little things that annoy you etc and figured I might as well join in.

It's been to smoky to ride and ive re-configured my handlebars about 20 times since Christmas, turns out my dropper lever was fine where it was.

Anyway, pretty bored lately, probably writing this more for my own amusment then anything else, I live in N.E Vic, usually ride alone (thanks who ever started that riding alone thread, now im stopping every 50 meters and group texting out my longitude and latitude.) I have a hardtail which I spend several hours a week stubbornly falling off, then retire to the pub to look at bikes I cant afford on my phone, one beer is usually enough otherwise I end up with a new pair of orange grips or some rubbish in the mail a week later.

I dont really know what else to put here..
I stuck an adhesive go pro mount on my helmet and now i can't get it off, its slightly crooked and of no use to anyone. Im not really looking for help with this one, its become part of my riding gear and probably also part of the reason I ride alone.

That will do i think.
Thanks for the account approval, I look forward to being a registered member.

tobbogonist

a registered member
we can help with that!
you know this isn't really a bike forum, it's actually a support group for hoarders that collect bicycle paraphernalia.
I have been looking over the trading area on and off haha.
If the several boxes of unicycle parts in my mums shed are anything to go by im probably very succeptable to this.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Welcome tobboganist, I too decided to get into mtb to get over spinal surgery. Don't listen to these naysayers, they'll just try to sell you a 26" whatsit, or a straight shaft whosemagig.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tobbogonist

a registered member
You can’t miss it: https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/confessions-from-the-fuckwits.257029/

We’re all in there...

Welcome too. Now tell us why you bought a mtb after fracturing a vertebrae, seems like you have it arse about.
It was a turning point for me, I'd spent most of my 20's chasing a dream in the big city. Drinking, smoking, etc'ing' every night.

I was tipsy, playing catch the dog in the house with my hands and slipped over.. lay on the floor for about 6 hours passing out every time I moved.. Managed to drag my laptop off the table by the power cord and messaged a friend 'help'.
Then off to hospital in an ambulance.

Had a lot of thinking time whilst recovering, realised I had been doing what 18 year old me wanted to do for the last 10 years. Thought maybe I should re-evaluate, visited 15 year old me and he was still nursing a hard on for mtbing so I took him up on the offer. Pretty shitty I didn't do it earlier.
Take up mtbing that is, not the back breaking thing.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
It was a turning point for me, I'd spent most of my 20's chasing a dream in the big city. Drinking, smoking, etc'ing' every night.

I was tipsy, playing catch the dog in the house with my hands and slipped over.. lay on the floor for about 6 hours passing out every time I moved.. Managed to drag my laptop off the table by the power cord and messaged a friend 'help'.
Then off to hospital in an ambulance.

Had a lot of thinking time whilst recovering, realised I had been doing what 18 year old me wanted to do for the last 10 years. Thought maybe I should re-evaluate, visited 15 year old me and he was still nursing a hard on for mtbing so I took him up on the offer. Pretty shitty I didn't do it earlier.
Take up mtbing that is, not the back breaking thing.
My back is trashed too. I've had 2 surgeries and they want to do more, including inserting titanium bits ... fuck that ... I got back into mtb after my surgeries, after some years years of not riding. Had a relapse about 4 years ago, and can't walk very well now, but found I can still ride ok. My dog is impressed anyway.

safreek

Welcome tobboganist, I too decided to get into mtb to get over spinal surgery. Don't listen to these naysayers, they'll just try to sell you a 26" whatsit, or a straight shaft whosemagig.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Don't listen to him, 26 is still the real deal, 27.5 is acceptable, 29 hmmmm, they are sort of a mtb though you would probs be better getting a 36, much more acceptable

safreek

My back is trashed too. I've had 2 surgeries and they want to do more, including inserting titanium bits ... fuck that ... I got back into mtb after my surgeries, after some years years of not riding. Had a relapse about 4 years ago, and can't walk very well now, but found I can still ride ok. My dog is impressed anyway.
Titanium, you flash trendy bastard