iRide MTB Park Apollo Bay

dunndog

Eats Squid
I suspect it would be pretty wet and tons of branches and debris everywhere after the 'spring' we've had.

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
Anyone know whether Apollo Bay trails are open? Headed down that way for a camping trip just after new years would be great to hit some shuttles at the same time.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I'd heard he was having issues with insurance. Anyone know anything?
"So, you want to provide a destination for people to ride bicycles through the bush? Wait, going down hill?! At speed you say? FUN?! Sorry Sir, haha, ah, you do realise this is VICTORIA right? In Australia? We can't just let everyone have a good time in a safe and responsible manner now can we?.. Atleast, not without making you pay heavily for it. Not to mention subscribing to a bunch of nanny state conditions. Basically when it's economically unviable and over regulated to the point of defeating its purpose, we'll have a look at it. Sound ok?"

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
"So, you want to provide a destination for people to ride bicycles through the bush? Wait, going down hill?! At speed you say? FUN?! Sorry Sir, haha, ah, you do realise this is VICTORIA right? In Australia? We can't just let everyone have a good time in a safe and responsible manner now can we?.. Atleast, not without making you pay heavily for it. Not to mention subscribing to a bunch of nanny state conditions. Basically when it's economically unviable and over regulated to the point of defeating its purpose, we'll have a look at it. Sound ok?"
Isn't there a similar problem at Long Gully? Not sure what Barjarg have done to get around the bureaucracy?

I sent him a msg about a month ago, said he was hoping to open the trails this summer. Wouldn't think so now though, another few weeks and Cape Otway will be getting flogged with shit weather no doubt.