Iron Torathon!!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
1698017081427.png

The Iron Torathon is challenge set out as a fundraiser for the Cradle Coast Mountain Bike Club.
1698017108109.png

The challenge is, to see how many laps of the full Montgomery and Iron Tor trail you can complete (12km), in the 24 hours of Saturday, November 25. Involve your friends and family to sponsor you for each lap you complete. All funds go towards the redevelopment of the Penguin MTB Park!

Events – Cradle Coast Mountain Bike Club Inc (ccmbc.com.au)

Stredda

Even pacing it out over a month, I couldn't do 10 laps in 24hrs ride time.
Don't feel bad, the two who have set the record of 10 laps aren't ordinary human beings.

I did 5 laps last time and I'll try for 6 this time. I had a bad run of luck with a puncture on the first lap, the freak occurrence of my lens cleaning cloth falling out of my pocket and jamming in my rear brake and a tree falling across the trail in between laps, breaking my shifter cable on lap 3 and a snake nearly giving me a heart attack on lap 4!
1698099315145.png
1698099338252.png

1698099401354.png
1698099425703.png

1698099449264.png

jrewing

Eats Squid
Don't feel bad, the two who have set the record of 10 laps aren't ordinary human beings.

I did 5 laps last time and I'll try for 6 this time. I had a bad run of luck with a puncture on the first lap, the freak occurrence of my lens cleaning cloth falling out of my pocket and jamming in my rear brake and a tree falling across the trail in between laps, breaking my shifter cable on lap 3 and a snake nearly giving me a heart attack on lap 4!
View attachment 403770View attachment 403771
View attachment 403772View attachment 403773
View attachment 403774
Bottom pic could be my underwear

Stredda

So how many of you are in?
Not sure yet.
I'm just waiting for the event authority from Parks and Wildlife before I can push it properly.
Got the usual unreliable Facebook interest of 3 that are going and 43 interested. Hoping to get 15 to 20 to take up the challenge.
We had 8 do it with a fairly low key kick off last time.

Stredda

Well, that’s the Iron Torathon done and dusted!
It was a great turnout with 16 riders taking on the full Iron Torathon and two that rode the shorter Montgomery Burns.

For the Iron Torathon….
Ben Parsissons taking out the day with a massive 10 laps.
Howard Crispin with 8.5 laps
Sorcha Maree Flett with 8 laps
Wesley Howell with 6 laps
Chris Stredwick with 5.5 laps
Martin Byrne with 5 laps
Dallas van Rooyen also with 5 laps
Jake Lee with 4 laps
Emma Lee with 3.5 laps
Guilherme Pelegrini with 3 laps
Melissa Britt with 3 laps
Tracey Smith with 3 laps
Nick Stredwick with 2 laps
Dougel Deans with 2 laps
Adam Ritchey with 2 laps

For the Montgomery Burns…
Selina Stredwick with 3 laps
Lucy Cochrane with 2 laps

All up there was a combined 876km ridden today! There was a bit of drizzle about for the first couple of hours but the rest of the day was great riding weather and the trails were hero dirt!
I’m pretty sure almost everyone had done more laps that they had ever done before.
Andrew Cathcart’s record from Friday of 12.5 laps still stands but there is at least one person that might be able to top it, is having a crack in a couple of days.

We will lock this event in for the last weekend in November next year and make it an annual ride challenge.
At this stage we have raised a bit over $1700 to go towards the Penguin MTB Park redevelopment.
If you want to donate it can be done here!

Here’s the record holders ride.:eek:
IMG_3278.jpeg

IMG_3714.jpeg

My 5.5 laps (5 full Iron To loops and one Montgomery loop)
IMG_3292.jpeg

IMG_3293.jpeg

IMG_7004.jpeg
IMG_3711.jpeg

IMG_3707.jpeg
IMG_3710.jpeg

IMG_3689.jpeg
IMG_3697.jpeg

Last edited: