Ironhorse bushes

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

I am looking at buying a second hand sunday. I know that ironhorse dont make the bushes anymore, but if they do decide to go on me is there any way i can get more, like taking them to a industrial shop to get turned up or something along those lines

thanks guys

peanut

Likes Dirt
Bushes?, are you referring to the aluminium shock reducers?.
If so you get those from the shock manufacturer who's rear shock your using.i.e fox if using the dhx, sram if using vivid.Order through the LBS.
Or go online and get the heavy duty shock mounting kit from TF tuned or betd.
Bearings are available from enduro fork seals or their agent DIY mtb in oz.
Pivot kits/bolts are apparently available through eccycle supply in the U.S, new links may also be available from eccycle according to a thread on MTBR, email them and ask. customerservice@eccyclesupply.com
i would probably buy more than 1 replacement as there is no guarantee Dorel ind. (who just bought I.H) will get more spare parts made.

Last edited:

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
last time i spoke to them a month or so ago, the ironhorse australian distributor had full ironhorse sunday spares, and diymtb are the best guys to deal with for bearing kits.

If you cant find who the distibutors are, they are the same people who now do evil bikes. most bike shops will be able to get this sort of stuff in.

Brendan.

Likes Bikes
Thought i would post here instead of making a new thread. I used the 'search' and this seems to be the most relevant place.

I am planning on replacing the bearings on my new frame i got. I have been able to dismantle most of it but just cant seem to get the bearings out. I have circled them. Anyone able to give some advice. I have been trying to hit the bearings OUT but there not moving.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
There are lots of dodgy and DIY methods for removing those bearings. Some work better than others... some are plain dangerous to the frame... some are going destroy the bearing and leave you with an outer shell lodged firmly in the frame. I'd suggest using a proper "blind" bearing puller (if you have access to one) or getting your local shop to remove them. If you do decide to "hit" them out make sure the frame is supported properly under the bearing's exit side (even a block of wood cut to the right size and with a hole drilled for the bearing to drop down into).

Brendan.

Likes Bikes
Thanks for help. I got them out. used a socket, vice and wood with cutout to suit bearing.
Not a fun task for a first timer

stacky

Likes Bikes
Another DIY method is with a long 6mm bolt/nut with suitable sockets and washers -the7/8 and 6mm sockets and a 150mm long bolt work for me.
Large socket which allows clearance for bearing to push into goes against the frame, smaller socket against the bearing/bush, then with a washer on each end pass the bolt through the holes and tighten up the nut.
Pretty self explanatory from here, a little thinking and you can push the new ones back in with the same set up!

motox199

Likes Dirt
If ironhorse or the distributor don't have any, talk to an engineering workshop and they could easily turn some up, its a pretty quick and easy job.