Is $950.00 for a 6mnth old raceline too much or too little??

MrPlow

TMBC
Raceline dually for sale. EXT sport. only around 6mnths old. Follow this link for details http://www.racelinebikes.com/range.php?range=dual

I had the stem swapped for the same brand shorty type. And have put some Maxxis high roller super tacky's on (2.5r & 2.7f). These two changes transformed this bike dramatically into a more stable decender (looks HEAPS tougher too).
This bike has only done 230k's (new computer with new bike) and has never been raced or jumped (I am soft core). Perfect apart from some sticker damage on the forks from drive/rides. Comes with camel back (new red one) and spare set of near new original tyres. $$950.00 that is almost $1000.00 of new price. with $200.00 extras! MAKE AN OFFER!!!
(size=19")
I want a DH rig!!
VALID COMMENTS ONLY PLEASE GUYS :D

S.

ex offender
There is no set way to determine what a bike is worth. The only specific value of a bike is that it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. If nobody is willing to pay more than $40, well sorry but it's only worth $40 (not saying it is, just giving an extreme example).

MrPlow

TMBC
UHU! well U R right there :roll: But doesn't really answer my quest stating the obvious (no offence intended :wink: ).

S.

ex offender
Unless someone here is actually interested in the frame, you're not going to get a very accurate representation of what people are willing to pay. Personally I think your price is fine, I usually consider half retail price to be a good starting point, but I imagine I'd be trying to bargain it down further (as you do) if I was actually looking at buying it.

MrPlow

TMBC
Thanks SOCKET. But if you were trying to bargain me I would start at $1050.00 and work down :lol: As the lame toyota ads say "the bargaining has been done for you! Thanks again mate, I thought I was on track with the price but got no response from FS section, so thought I would ask here. Guess everybody here is too hardcore for an entry level dually :?: :!: :!:

MrPlow

TMBC
Yep :wink:
Either them or the shockworks. But decided that I would have to upgrade the brakes, rear shock, etc. Then the rims would probably fold. Cheaper to buy a DH rig and play with it!! Suprisingly the geometry looked pretty good with larger front and rear shocks giving a DH style head and seat angle? It has (is) being a great bike, for value I don't think U an go past Racelines. Just want something better.